Why are the insides of used Sac Plats so horrible??

Oct 2, 2009
Hi everyone!

I've been searching for a used Sac Plat but it seems like the inside of all of the pre-loved ones are in terrible condition! Is this due to the type of fabric that is used on the inside? Is this normal wear and tear? What have your experiences been? Thank you!

Mar 19, 2007
LaLa Land
Well. Mine isn't in horrible condition. But the material of the interior isn't very sturdy to begin with. If I were you, I'd purchase a second hand one with great exterior and handles, then pay for LV to restore the interior. That way you feel like you're getting a really nice handbag just for yourself.

BTW, Sac Plat is one of my favorite LV designs. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reactions: missconvy

NoahVasq

Nov 21, 2020
Yes! I have a vintage Sac Plat, purchased from eBay for around $400. Good exterior and handles, but a poor interior. I used a tall bag organizer for a while before I took the bag into my local store and got a quote to replace the interior lining. I was quoted $480 for the lining and an extra $40 for the leather tab! I didn’t choose to replace the leather tab, hoping the repairman or woman replanted it complimentary. But nahh, Lol! The turn around was 7 weeks and this was in November. New dust bag and my CA gave me a box as well. It was another $480 to replace both handles, hardware included and all 4 chaps, but I opted not to at this moment. Maybe in the future. It’s a great bag!

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hi everyone!

I've been searching for a used Sac Plat but it seems like the inside of all of the pre-loved ones are in terrible condition! Is this due to the type of fabric that is used on the inside? Is this normal wear and tear? What have your experiences been? Thank you!
The lining of the Sac Plat is called Vuittonite (also found in the Bucket as well as the cosmetic and toiletry pouches) and it's a coated flannel-like fabric that is intended to be stain and moisture-resistant as to preserve the bag's interior. Unfortunately when it's exposed to warm and humid conditions over prolonged periods of time, such as those found throughout Asia, it begins to disintegrate and makes one helluva mess.