why are replica LV bags are still expensive???

Some of them are cheaper, like $20-50, and they look pretty good although they aren't superfakes and the linings and other details are off, plus the trim is usually not leather at that price. But most people who are not that into handbags will think it is real b/c they aren't even aware there are fakes. The better fakes are over $100 b/c they look more like the real thing and are made of better materials. It depends where you are buying it too, I've noticed the fakes they sell in kiosks or off the street are cheaper than buying on the internet or at purse parties. But there are customers for every price point, I guess a $200 limited edition LV that is "just like the real one" is still cheaper than buying the $1500-2000 real one if that's what someone wants.

The argument that "but you can save up and buy an LV for $xxx" doesn't work b/c usually whatever item the person making this argument suggests isn't something the person that has the fake or is buying the fake wants. They want a bag that costs $1500-2000 for $200, they don't want a $200 pochette.

I think its that there are a lot of people who think the bags are way more expensive then they actuily are. People in my family assumed my speedy was like $2000 when it was only $700. I know people who think the cheapest coach bag is over $1000. They just know its designer so it must be thousands, so they see fakes for $300 and think its sooooo much cheaper than the real thing.

Simple, because it's a knock-off of an expensive bag. The knock-off price is relative to the retail price. And for the record, I despise knock-off's and wouldn't carry one if someone paid me to.

Simple, because it's a knock-off of an expensive bag. The knock-off price is relative to the retail price. And for the record, I despise knock-off's and wouldn't carry one if someone paid me to.
With that being said, I hope that you're ALWAYS able to afford a thousand dollar bag. Bless your heart lil' lady!:nuts:

With that being said, I hope that you're ALWAYS able to afford a thousand dollar bag. Bless your heart lil' lady!:nuts:

Well, FYI, I haven't always been able to afford an expensive bag and I said nothing about what I can or can not afford. There are plenty of reasons NOT to support the market of fake bags that have nothing to do with price. I would happily purchase a bag from a no-name designer than a knock-off any day.

Because there are cheap knock-offs and "high quality" knock-offs.. the high quality ones are the closest to the originals so they cost more to make and people are willing to pay for them since they look real and they're still cheaper than the original ones.

Well, FYI, I haven't always been able to afford an expensive bag and I said nothing about what I can or can not afford. There are plenty of reasons NOT to support the market of fake bags that have nothing to do with price. I would happily purchase a bag from a no-name designer than a knock-off any day.

I absolutely agree.

ITA...well said.