Why are Pigalles so hard to find?

Layla76

Feb 22, 2009
I'm talking a simple, black leather pigalle. It is a basic style, why aren't they regularly in stock? Anyone have insight? I've been trying for years to get a pair. Usually check major department store websites about 4 times a year.

I finally gave up on getting them in nude and went with the décolleté instead.

I'm talking a simple, black leather pigalle. It is a basic style, why aren't they regularly in stock? Anyone have insight? I've been trying for years to get a pair. Usually check major department store websites about 4 times a year.

I finally gave up on getting them in nude and went with the décolleté instead.

What size are you? I just got a pair last week in Los Angeles

I'm a 38, but might half size up for the pigalle. Never thought to call the boutique directly. Normally just rely on department store websites, since the city I live in doesn't have a retailer that sells CL.

Where in LA did you find them? I'm frequently there for work, so maybe I could take look while I'm there.

I'm a 38, but might half size up for the pigalle. Never thought to call the boutique directly. Normally just rely on department store websites, since the city I live in doesn't have a retailer that sells CL.

Where in LA did you find them? I'm frequently there for work, so maybe I could take look while I'm there.

Dept. Store websites rarely have the pigalle 120 on there from my observation. You chance better calling the dept. store or CL boutique to see if or where it's available, and ordering it through the actual brick and mortar dept. store or CL store. HTH.

Also, when it comes to Pigalle, women generally tend to either half size to whole size down from their CL TTS. Info in the "CL Sizing" thread! Wealth of knowledge there. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Dept. Store websites rarely have the pigalle 120 on there from my observation. You chance better calling the dept. store or CL boutique to see if or where it's available, and ordering it through the actual brick and mortar dept. store or CL store. HTH.

Also, when it comes to Pigalle, women generally tend to either half size to whole size down from their CL TTS. Info in the "CL Sizing" thread! Wealth of knowledge there. Good Luck.

Thank you for your wealth of knowledge! I'll start calling around to some stores, because like I've said, been trying to get these shoes for years. Now that the classic pump is coming back in style, need to get my hands on them.

Anyone have any store suggestions or sales associates you like using?

Thank you for your wealth of knowledge! I'll start calling around to some stores, because like I've said, been trying to get these shoes for years. Now that the classic pump is coming back in style, need to get my hands on them.

Anyone have any store suggestions or sales associates you like using?

Since the boutiques can get very busy, you're lucky if someone answers the phone. If I were you, I'd work with whoever picks up. You can call one boutique, have them do a system wide check and they can refer you to whoever has the shoe and size you need. They can also check the system to see if there is an order for them. If a boutique placed an order for them, you can waitlist with them for your size. Good luck.

Elyse Walker in pacific palisades (in store not online) call Patrick in shoes he can help you :smile:

It was totally impossible for me to find Pigalles at any of the department stores I checked in SF. When I went to NYC, Horatio was out (at least in my size, as I recall) but Madison had plenty. Definitely try them on though--even the 35 (I normally wear a 35-35.5 in Loubs) were pretty big on me due to how steep they are, and the Platos didn't really help. Wahh. :P
Good luck finding a pair!

38 is my TTS and I went up a 1/2 a size for comfort in the 100mm patent - my feet are wide and although the 38s fit they would've had to be stretched. Definitely suggest trying to find a pigalle like style (ie pointy) near you and trying them on so you can get a better idea. Although I couldn't find the pigalle 100s I did find the PP120 for spring (multi-color) and I took the same size as those.