Why Are People So Rude??

carolina*gyrl

Coach Addicted
Dec 20, 2007
Grrrr!! I just have to vent. I saw a purse on Ebay that I liked but the seller only had one photo of it. I decided to email them to ask for additional photo's , specifically ones of the interior and of the creed. I also asked if she had the receipt to show authenticity. I didn't ask her to send me the receipt...I just wanted to know if she had one. Anyway, she wrote back with a very rude reply. Here it is:

I would not mind getting you the serial number and additional photos of the purse, but as far as the receipt to show authenticity, absolutely not. I have owned more 10 coach purses and you can tell originals from fakes. If you need a receipt to show "Authenticity" then maybe you should learn a little bit about a Coach product.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- 18vols[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Lets just say that I was not happy when I read her reply! I cannot believe that she would be so downright rude. So, I emailed her back and this was my response:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Dear 18vols,

Your response was very rude and certainly uncalled for. I simply asked a question about a purse before placing a bid. As for needing to learn a little about Coach items "if I need proof of authenticity".....if you knew anything about Coach, you would know that there are some really good fakes floating around here on Ebay. Some are so good that even Coach employess have a hard time telling the difference between an authentic and a fake! If it weren't for the serial numbers, it would be nearly impossible to tell. That is what the serial numbers are for! When someone is willing to spend a lot of money on an item, then they expect to get what they pay for. Maybe you should visit the purseforum.com and learn a little about Coach yourself! There are hundreds of members there who collect Coach and any of them would be glad to tell you that when it comes to fakes, they are getting better every day! Good luck selling your purse.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Okay, so I got off on the wrong subject since she was complaining about sharing the receipt and not about the serial number...LOL. But, I was just trying to point out to her that it's getting really hard to tell the difference between authentic purses and fake ones. I was trying to give a reason as to why I asked to see the receipt. So, anyway, she writes back again and this time this is what she said:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
First of all I told you that I would be happy to give you the serial number off of the purse, what I told you was "that I would not give you my receipt." So maybe next time you should read your emails a little closer. Second of all, I am very much aware of the fake coach purses that get sold on ebay. I guess it just takes someone that has some class and knows the difference between nice expensive items to know that. If you are looking for a original receipt maybe you sold stop being so cheap and buy one from coach. Good luck in your adventure. I don't know anyone who would give you their original receipt. Maybe you should think before you write someone asking them that sort of question.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- 18vols[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Soooo.....I am not going to respond to this. But, I am just bewildered that this person was so mean when all I wanted to do was bid on her purse! Have any of you ever been treated this way for asking a simple question?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Thanks for letting me vent![/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Wanda[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]BTW, here is the link to her auction, in case you are wondering about the purse I was interested in:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320237067710&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123[/FONT]

My DH took a look at the auction and said " This is fake! This is fake...right?" I told him, I don't know, I am not an expert! But I have a feeling that it might be fake.

How very rude. It seems easy to fake the scribble stuff. I am all done with ebay. One unsatifying experience and then reading here about how rude people are. I will only go to ebay as a last resort for something that is extrememly rare. I understand that there are many people who their only way to get the things they love is ebay.

Wow that's REALLLLY rude! The nerve of that person to say those things to you. Buying off eBay doesn't mean you're cheap. Sometimes the store no longer carries that product and the only way to find it is off eBay... DUH?! I've sold some of my purses on eBay before and I always make sure to be nice when answering questions. I can totally understand that people are afraid of the fakes. Since they're so many on eBay you can never be to sure. I'm glad she didn't sell it. That prick!

When she replied in that tone, you got your answer on the authenticity of that bag. Honest people have nothing to hide and usually do not respond with such rudeness. You did the right thing with not responding to her last comment. That seller is not worth your energy.

Yeah... that's awfully rude. Good thing you asked though. Otherwise who knows who might have got stuck with that. :sad:

On a lighter note I was going to point out that you had the wrong url for the forum until I tried it out. I didn't know it was a redirect! I learned something today.

There are lots of rude people out there that resort to Ebay to sell their items. Sometimes their rudeness translates into their transaction, leaving the buyer the short end of the stick. Sorry you had such a poor experience. Hope you find the bag your looking for eventually!

Oh and I'd block that person if I were you just in case this person ever tries to mess with you in the future.

I've had that happen often - I don't care how reputable the seller is, I want a clear pic of the creed - just had it happen w/ a seller that according to many tpf'ers sells authentic Coach - he/she told me they didn't have time to photograph each bag/creed. I will not buy from anyone who isn't polite to me when I request something and who won't send me the pics I request. Frankly the regular reputable Coach sellers should know that we want to see the creed and post a clear pic of the darned thing! I sell some things on Ebay now and then and I'm always polite to potential buyers and expect the same! I'm sure that bag was fake and she was so busted when you asked for proof!

Ugh! So sorry that she was so rude. Clearly she did not read your question to her to begin with, because you NEVER asked her to send the receipt. I had to LOL at the auction ending due to item being lost or broken :lol: Good thing you didn't bid!! IMO not only are the fakes getting so good, but the Scribble can be the hardest of all to identify at times. Some are obvious, but there are many that are not.