Why are my designer heels squeaking??? What did I pay for??

Feb 17, 2007
My Choo's squeak from what sounds like the heel. It only happens on certain surfaces like my jobs warehouse floor. It doesn't do this with all heels, just certain ones. I am quite sure the sound is not coming from inside my shoe.

It's really annoying because I spend lots of money on shoes but then I go and wear my $40 nine west pointy heels and there is no squeaking. Does anyone else have this problem??

Oooh, my one and only pair of Choo's do the same thing! Are yours stiletto? None of my CL or Manolo stilettos do it though, so I don't think it has anything to do w/the way I walk. Mine only squeak on hard, smooth floors, and the sound is definitely at the heel. It's like if the heel doesn't strike perfectly flat on the ground, it slides just a teeeensy bit and squeaks. I agree, for $500+, I'd like for them to be seen and not heard, except the sexy click-click-click, of course. At first I thought it was just that the heel tips were still smooth from not being broken in, but 5 months and a bit of sandpaper later, they still squeak! If anyone has had this problem and solved it, please do tell.

At least they don't make a farty sound! (Sorry about the scatological comparison :angel:) Really weird but my CL decolletes sometimes make that gross sound when air collects under my arch on my left foot when I'm walking and the leather smacks against my foot.

For "farty" shoes, sprinkle a little talcum powder inside. Always works for me. And for the other folks, try sprinkling some where the heel meets the sole of the shoe.

I got this idea when I read something that said to sprinkle talcum powder on a squeaky floor board.