Why are LV the most popular fakes ?

I actually dont have a problem with people carrying OBVIOUS fakes, such as her cousin! I mean in this case there is no lv on the bag sooooo bassically they are just copying the style of the bag..which ALL designers do. So i could care less if someone buys something that resembles a real bag, but has no identifying marks such as no LV or whatever...they just like the style, probably cant afford the real thing so they go for an alternative. Nothing wrong with that imo!

Oh it did have LV on it as well, it was just the other symbols that were different. It had LV, Stars and Flowers on it.

I'm reading these comments about, "I won't buy LV because it is widely copied..."

That doesn't affect me at all. I don't care who is carrying fakes or how that affects my handbag. I have two LV in my collection, and they are there because I personally adore them. I have LV Mono Speedy, and LV Blue Epi Petit Noe. I get great pleasure out of using them and touching them. And if a person has a fake, it doesn't affect my bag, it only makes my bag better.

Either way, Im just kind of sick of seeing it everywhere. I am not one of those people who cares whether other people think MY bag is fake b/c I know it's not. But with that said, I am rather bored with the mono even though I like it. I'd rather not see what Im carrying on every other person, fake or not fake. I use my Speedy as more of a kick around/out in the rain kind of bag now.

LV is the most widely counterfeited brand because the monogram is so recognizable and because the brand is known for its status.

As a general rule, people who buy fakes want to fake their status, so they go for bags with monograms or logos. Although other styles are made, the bulk of the fake market is in easily recognizable logos. This is the primary reason I prefer more subtle bags. I feel that the quality of a designer bag will speak for itself without having a logo or monogram speaking for it.

Well said ! but I was wondering why in the world of fake easily recognizable logos, I feel LV is number 1 ?
someone mentionned they feel it was a trend, and now it's Chanel....whereas where I live it has always been LV no matter what...

I think the LV mono is one of the most popular fakes b/c not only is the logo extremely recognizable, but its fairly simple. No interlocking Gs, Cs, Ds, or anything else. Despite the fact the the handle may be peeling off or be thready & not turned dark, the "body" of the bag is generally a very good replication (at least the ones I've seen). I've seen fake Guccis & fake Coachs but often the logo simply doesn't look as good as the LV. Maybe its b/c the LV is on leather (or pleather-LOL!) whereas the Gucci & Coach have their logos on fabric? Just my thoughts...

I just got a fake LV as a gift. Ugh. I was almost positive it was fake but posted it in the lv forum to be 100% sure. I got my answer in a few minutes. fake. The person that gave it to me got it on a business trip overseas. I won't carry it, I don't even know what to say about it now.

Its faked the most b/c ppl like it the most...plain and simple.....LV is one of the original designer bag to be produced and marketed...so the following is there....

The fact that people carry fakes isn't going to stop me from enjoying LV monogram. I don't care. If people assume my bag is fake, because there are so many fakes out there, so be it. As long as I know it's real, I am happy.

I agree that LV is the most widely counterfeited brand because the monogram is so recognizable and because the brand is known for its status. It's been around for over 100 years. Think limited release on everything and Celeb exposure.

i also think it's the most faked b/c it's so widely associated with high socioeconomic status, and has been for a relatively longer period of time.

i am not a monogram type of person, and don't really get the LV thing (though perhaps more time on tPF will change that ;))

but know what i REALLLLY don't get?! a friend of mine found someplace down in South Carolina that she said "made really good LV fakes that are indistinguishable from the real thing." the prices ranged from 200-400 depending on the size/model. i don't have the LV expertise to know if hers is passable or not but she paid >200$ for a "high quality" fake bag!? INSANE.

she paid >200$ for a "high quality" fake bag!? INSANE.
There's a parish in my city where the big church hat wearing ladies sell them fake bags for around the same price. Now, why sell illegal pocketbooks, then turn around and go inside the church dancing and singing hallelujah praise the LORD songs? :yahoo::happydance:
:rolleyes:

^ I know those kind of people. This woman I know will sell her soul if someone offered the right price. She pushes a lot of low quality things (fake purses, blankets, anything!) to the people at that church.