Why are Hermes bags so expensive?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, all!

This is an honest, out-of-curiousity question, and I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, but I'm genuinely wondering why Hermes bags (like the Birkin, etc) are so expensive? I tried doing some online research but can't really find anything...

Is it the material? The craftmanship? The history? Quality?

I skimmed over the wikipedia page on the company, but I will again... I'm more of a LV/Fendi/Gucci fella, so I really have no experience with Hermes or have any opinion about it, but from what I've seen, they look like lovely pieces! I love looking at everyone's reveals...

So yeah, what makes it "worth" it to you?

2. Ooo, what a great question!
    I don't own a birkin yet, but for me it's the colors/shape that I love. I have a few Chanel's but always get in red or black because IMO, any other color just doesn't look right...but with birkins the more color the better! I LOVE the rose lipstick, jaune d'or, and blue electric. The quality isn't a factor for me because in my experience pretty much all designer bags hold up extremely well.
    But on top of all that I love that its a symbol of hard work. Someone ( you, parents, spouse) had to put in a lot of dedication, determination, blood, sweat and tears to make dreams come true. And buying something you've always dreamed of as a result of hard work is awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.