Why are AKC dog club women so mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the original word used which is now an "X" was the C**t (fill in the "un" between the C and T) I was extremely offended. I am passionate about showing, my breed of choice, and breeding (which I try to be responsible to the highest degree), and for someone to go that far made me very angry, and I'm usually pretty mellow and easy to get along with (and hopefully reasonable) I love talking to new people about showing, breeds and breeding and to educate people in a nice way.
I have been to plenty of horse shows in my life too, and so I know all about politics and the bad apples in all types of competition. I have horses (one ex show horse) and many friends who show horses.
You can't escape the bad apples, but you can try to let people see that we are not ALL bad, and hopefully make a better impression that will stick with people.

I don't blame you for being angry at all... whenever I hear that word it's like a dagger shoots through my brain. I hate it.

You are very knowledgeable and from what I've seen on the forum, very friendly with sharing that information - your information in another thread on breeder's costs was eye opening for me!

I hanndled dogs in the AKC ring in high school- 'Best in Show' seemed to be more a documentary than satire. I also remember my mentor having a shirt that said "Winner's B!tch" and the back read "Losers B!tch More".

Did she give specific reasons she didn't like your breeder? It'd be nice to disprove whatever preconceived notions she has. Otherwise, you could just put her in her place and tell her that your quite happy with Spot and end the conversation. Or tell her to put a bone in it; you're there to learn.

Yeah, it was a whole, ridiculous convo (more like a dead end brick wall) with her silly, competitive reasons for not liking my breeder. I tried In vain to argue politely and firmly about her points but she was very dominating and cold. I have been around a lot of dog breeders before so I didn't mean to slam a whole category but a HIGH percentage do seem to be domineering, non-relational types who don't want to have a dialogue or inform but act snobby and mean. And she even wondered why her club's membership was down. I did get penalized for the language so that should satisfy some who were offended here. I was angry but then, some people should stay off the Internet if such curse words give them the vapors. It wasn't aimed at them. This woman and several others I have dealt with over the years do tarnish AKC club members and breeders. Of course I KNOW that not all act that way so I'm sorry if some people took it personally. This woman, however, was truly a c u next Tuesday. Heh.

Yeah, it was a whole, ridiculous convo (more like a dead end brick wall) with her silly, competitive reasons for not liking my breeder. I tried In vain to argue politely and firmly about her points but she was very dominating and cold. I have been around a lot of dog breeders before so I didn't mean to slam a whole category but a HIGH percentage do seem to be domineering, non-relational types who don't want to have a dialogue or inform but act snobby and mean. And she even wondered why her club's membership was down. I did get penalized for the language so that should satisfy some who were offended here. I was angry but then, some people should stay off the Internet if such curse words give them the vapors. It wasn't aimed at them. This woman and several others I have dealt with over the years do tarnish AKC club members and breeders. Of course I KNOW that not all act that way so I'm sorry if some people took it personally. This woman, however, was truly a c u next Tuesday. Heh.
A bit off-topic, but as a woman, you should perhaps re-consider using the c word as an insult. I found that very offensive not because I don't swear in real life (I do), but because I don't believe in using slang for female genitalia in derogatory ways--there is nothing wrong with our parts, thank you. :okay: Your attitude here makes me wonder if you weren't actually antagonizing the "crazy dog breeder" (per your description).

I think that some people should stay off the internet when they're angry and should refrain from posting a profane rant.

A bit off-topic, but as a woman, you should perhaps re-consider using the c word as an insult. I found that very offensive not because I don't swear in real life (I do), but because I don't believe in using slang for female genitalia in derogatory ways--there is nothing wrong with our parts, thank you. :okay: Your attitude here makes me wonder if you weren't actually antagonizing the "crazy dog breeder" (per your description).

I couldn't disagree more with the C word. It's used in England the way the B word is used to describe BOTH genders. I didn't take a gender studies course in college so I don't see it as demeaning anyone's parts the same way that the p-word is used either. I don't hear men complaining.

And the dog breeder did start on me first but you've chosen to see me in the worst way because I'm human and let my temper fly with words you don't like.

Perhaps I should just called her the B word as it has a double entendre in the dog world. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.