Why am I annoyed with fakes?

Personally, I was never attracted to the idea of owning fakes because well... Isn't the real thing always better? I just don't want to carry a fake.. These designers worked so hard to make their quality bags, and I just don't think it is fair to buy those fakes as those con artists profit out of somebody else's originality, hard work, and artistic creativity.
But let me tell you how tempting it was to get one when I saw people around me get LV, goyard fakes that looked so real! My mom asked if I would want one, and I denied. I felt like all these people wanted to carry them for the brand name and the status that comes along with it..to try to show other people that they can afford to buy these luxuries. (Bc i knew they were struggling financially)
And it's just not as exciting! You work so hard to save up a certain amount of money, do a lot of research on what you want, and finally pay the price for that bag! That just sounds more fun and rewarding. :smile:

I agree!

While I do hate fakes, I also hate judging and attacking others. I do not like replica bags (with fake designer logos on them) but inspired bags are ok, because there are many designers who get inspiration from others. I do not like the replicas for the reason that others will think you may be wearing the fakes as well. I love CLs and at first I used to replace the sole and after a while I just started to love the look of a used sole. I love the scuffs and what not and so I stopped replacing them. I was sitting down with my leg crossed and someone yelled out that I was wearing a fake pair of shoes and I got mad (inside) because I hate the idea of me working hard for the things I love and people to think they are counterfeit kind of upset me. I know why should I care? I care because I didnt come from a life where everything was handed to me. I am young and I work very hard. My father (who raised me) is decently well off but other than a couple of cars and present here and there I have always done everything on my own and I take pride in the things I do have. I really dislike the attitude that wearing designer labels gives someone a higher status than others. To be honest I do not think I am above anyone else in society. To me I feel fortunate to have things but I would never look down on others. There are some people (even on this forum) who work very hard for their items and they save for months to get one purse and to me that is admirable, and it may mean that they have to purchase their clothes from forever 21 and H&M and why put them down for pairing their chanel with those items? The reason I hate the replicas and people buying them are because people should just work hard to buy the real thing. I guess for me I feel like I work to get what I want and ultimately deserve and I do not like people to think that I didnt.

It bothers me because I feel like people are cheating or taking credit for someone else's success. If you want a Chanel (or any other high end luxury designer) bag then save up for it and buy one if you can't afford it right away. I hear so many saying "XXXX.XX" is a ridiculous price to pay for a bag - it's over priced and not even worth it. Yet, it's still ok to walk around with a "Chanel" as if it is real. I can't justify paying for anything that's not real. Fake is tacky.

While I do hate fakes, I also hate judging and attacking others. I do not like replica bags (with fake designer logos on them) but inspired bags are ok, because there are many designers who get inspiration from others. I do not like the replicas for the reason that others will think you may be wearing the fakes as well. I love CLs and at first I used to replace the sole and after a while I just started to love the look of a used sole. I love the scuffs and what not and so I stopped replacing them. I was sitting down with my leg crossed and someone yelled out that I was wearing a fake pair of shoes and I got mad (inside) because I hate the idea of me working hard for the things I love and people to think they are counterfeit kind of upset me. I know why should I care? I care because I didnt come from a life where everything was handed to me. I am young and I work very hard. My father (who raised me) is decently well off but other than a couple of cars and present here and there I have always done everything on my own and I take pride in the things I do have. I really dislike the attitude that wearing designer labels gives someone a higher status than others. To be honest I do not think I am above anyone else in society. To me I feel fortunate to have things but I would never look down on others. There are some people (even on this forum) who work very hard for their items and they save for months to get one purse and to me that is admirable, and it may mean that they have to purchase their clothes from forever 21 and H&M and why put them down for pairing their chanel with those items? The reason I hate the replicas and people buying them are because people should just work hard to buy the real thing. I guess for me I feel like I work to get what I want and ultimately deserve and I do not like people to think that I didnt.
I couldn't agree with you more. I just graduated from college and have a modest job but I have been completely independent since I was 18. I have worked for everything I have and I hate when people sneer at me whenever I wear my bag because they think I'm a rich snob just because I have a designer bag. I don't get sad though because I work very hard and can do what I want with my money.

Baby_ann13 said:

I totally agree with you, I think it's also a question of pride I don't lined knock offs but fakes are another story. Then there's people who can't tell the difference! Such as sad stories from eBay where someone would have saved up for ages and buy a Chanel off eBay just to find out later that it was a fake. I hate people who sell fakes and try and make it pass for real!

I always thought it was just me. I would personally feel weird carrying a fake. And I think it's crazy to pay even $50 for a fake because it's a cheap plastic that will tear, fray and the logos will fade. If you really want that designer look go to saks off 5th and get a MK for under $100 or something. Or get a Rebecca minkoff WOC if you can't afford the Chanel. I get offended when people ask me if my bag is real. I wouldn't carry a fake. When I was in college I saved and saved for a coach or an LV. I finally have my first Chanel and I knew I couldn't afford a brand new one so I bought a Pre-owned. I'd rather buy Pre-loved than carry a fake. I don't want to support an industry where an unknowing buyer may pay $1,000s on eBay because they were not familiar with the brand and quality and get ripped off.

It bothers you because anyone who purchases something that they know was fraudulently made has questionable character.UGH I can't trust you when your covered in lies. LOL I know it sounds harsh but that's how I feel.

the fake CHANEL bags I ve come across (lots of people down in Oxford Street walking with them) kind of startled me. Some are just so ugly hard to believe anyone had the nerve to stick a CC on them. http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags...e-designer-bags-fake-896-25.html#post23435735

"I also hate judging and attacking others." I couldn't agree more with this! :tup:

Sometimes I feel sorry to see people carrying horrible fake bags, since they may not be able to afford buying the bags they want. The impressing factor can go with both real and fake items as often people buy certain brands (real or fake) to promote an 'illusory' status.

One think that I certainly don't like is people selling fake items as real and taking advantage of others. That is DISGUSTING!:tdown:

"I also hate judging and attacking others." I couldn't agree more with this! :tup:

Sometimes I feel sorry to see people carrying horrible fake bags, since they may not be able to afford buying the bags they want. The impressing factor can go with both real and fake items as often people buy certain brands (real or fake) to promote an 'illusory' status.

One think that I certainly don't like is people selling fake items as real and taking advantage of others. That is DISGUSTING!:tdown:

I agree! I think that is where it gets very sad to me... especially since I came across a post on this forum about a girl's dad who bought her a "chanel" purse but it turned out that is was fake. it really broke my heart because she stated her father was not "rich" or well off and she didnt want to hurt his feelings by not wearing the bag but she also did not want to wear a fake either. I just think that some people do not see the over all situation or see a person for a person, rather they judge others by what they are wearing or how they look. that to me is worse than wearing a fake designer bag. (please do not kill me for saying so.)

I absolutely HATE fakes!

Fakes are illegal and sadly not enough is done to stop it. People will just keep buying regardless.

All other Counterfeit goods can get people fined hundreds to thousands. Downloading, sharing and selling copies of songs/films/software gets both the company and users prosecuted, because the creator can loose millions.

Same goes with vehicles, technology, medicines etc. All of these are so closely monitored but with fashion people seem to turn a blind eye.

Like an advert played on movie trailers in the UK often says 'you wouldn't steal a car' etc so why do this?

All these counterfeit measures need to be dealt with much more harshly in the fashion industry just like all over consumer products and maybe we won't have so many fakes.

Sorry to rant on, hope I got my point across

I always thought it was just me. I would personally feel weird carrying a fake. And I think it's crazy to pay even $50 for a fake because it's a cheap plastic that will tear, fray and the logos will fade. If you really want that designer look go to saks off 5th and get a MK for under $100 or something. Or get a Rebecca minkoff WOC if you can't afford the Chanel. I get offended when people ask me if my bag is real. I wouldn't carry a fake. When I was in college I saved and saved for a coach or an LV. I finally have my first Chanel and I knew I couldn't afford a brand new one so I bought a Pre-owned. I'd rather buy Pre-loved than carry a fake. I don't want to support an industry where an unknowing buyer may pay $1,000s on eBay because they were not familiar with the brand and quality and get ripped off.

I agree. People spend money on a bag that is obviously fake and sub-par quality when they could be buying a gorgeous bag (not necessarily with a premier/designer label) that looks stylish and refined with everything that they wear.

Goodness knows that I own my fair share of lesser-known brands too.

I dislike fakes just because it does a huge discredit to the brand. Eg Chanel pieces are known for its elegance but replicas look the complete opposite to it.

I have family members which carry fakes and friends who do to. It's their own choice for whatever reason I wouldnt call them out on it. I am disappointed by people who do it for an "image" but then again there are equally countless people who live outside of their means and go into debt for the same "image", in both circumstances the reality really does contradict an image that they are trying to omit.

Personally, it's not a decision I would make for myself. Inspired pieces are fine, most mainstream fashion is inspired off runway, after all, all pants must have 2 legs and shirts have sleeves and necks.

I think it's abit harsh to judge people based on appearances just because we don't know the full story. I tend not to care too much not judge people on face value because I know for a fact that I am judged because I can afford certain things and people speculate and assume things about me.

I dislike fakes mainly because other people assume that whenever they see the Chanel logo that it's probably a fake.
The other day I was shopping at Sephora and two sales associates were mocking me and my authentic bag. I heard one say "I don't even know anything about Chanel but that bag is obviously fake". I but all the items in my hand and just walked out biting my tongue as I walked past the sales associates. I should've said "Yes, you are right... you don't know anything".