Why all the returns ladies???!

Princess_lydz

Jul 17, 2008
During my time on the purse forum i've flitted from brand to brand as I 'grow up' and my tastes change. From Chloe, Balenciaga and Miu Miu to my more recent loves Chanel and Mulberry. And i have to say the most obvious thing i've noticed about you Mulberry girls is you love to return items!!

I've never seen this so much in any other brand forum. So i guess my question is why? Are you girls more impulsive? Change your mind? Mulberry bags very different from pics in real life? Mulberry quality slipping?

I've been super happy with my few Mulberry purchases so im genuinely intrigued :biggrin:

Last edited:
I dont know either why all the returns, I have never returned any of the bags I ordered, I usally has made up my mind completly before I purchase a bag.

But right now I'm thinking about perhaps byuing the Cremy pink Alexa with wowen trim but my local store will not order it for me, ( well they can order it but then I have to buy it even if I dont like it when it arrives), and as I have not seen it irl so I'm still a bit unsure , so I guess I do have to order from the M.com so I at least can return it if I wouldn't like the color at all. :smile:

But I'm always been amazed by the lovely ladies here that order bags from M.com and have a local store very close that sell the same stock.. Not quite get it.
I much rather prefer to choose my bags myself ( prob because I'm very choosy with the leather...) :biggrin: But perhaps it is so that all bags are not in stock at the stores either and then it is hard to know if some color is really nice irl so I do understand if one returns them because you are not so satisfied with the bag. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I think that many times modelling pictures on the website may look quite different than those in real life. The colour may be different, the leather or the straps may not be as comfortable as they seem.

Personally, when I was looking to buy a Bayswater, I did a lot of search about the colours, and mainly the leather. I definitely didn't want a bag that needed a lot of babying. So I guess that's the reason many ladies here had to return their bags. Simply because they were not satisfied with how the bags looked in real life. Plus, you may also realise that a bag does not suit with a variety of your clothes and therefore you'll get little or no use of it so there's no other option than to return it.

Personally I over ordered from M.com.

I ordered 2pairs of boots coz I wasn't sure which colour I preferred, neither as it turned out and then a few smaller items and the infamous ss bays tote coz it was a good price. However I returned all coz I didn't like them enough to keep and then potentially not use/wear them.....

I have returned a pink effie satchel and a black forest dorset tote.

I had seen the pink effie tote in real life and it was quite lovely but effie satchel was a real no no for me! I had no love for it and it was disappointing compared to my darias.... Anyways the black forest I ordered right after to cheer myself up as I wanted a neverfull type tote. It was awful so I sent it back too and bought myself an actual neverfull...... and an eva! hehe.

now I am waiting to get black medium lily and black bays with nickel when the time is right. I am not going to get sidetracked by anything else!!!

I would say that summer sunshine has given one of the reasons for the high return rate. Mulberry items are expensive, so sales make them seem more affordable. Also if you shopped around other places were selling the same bags cheaper so I guess some ladies would return and buy elsewhere.

Recently returned an Oak Bryn (from the sales) as the edging had been put on very tightly causing a bit of a dent in the flap. Last year had a problem with colour variation on a conker sbs but kept it after negotiating a discount! Quality control does seem to be a Mulberry issue......

I live real close to a Mulberry store (5mins) which I very rarely buy from, I much prefer internet shopping I enjoy pouring over the pictures before deciding what to order I always order a few for choice. I like waiting on the parcel being delvered and that you can open them and have a little play around to see how they feel and look and get opinions from my hubby. For me I always seem to make rash choices when in proper shops buying in a hurry because sales people are hanging around or hubby is tutting at my stroking and trying so many bags.

This sale I se t the dorset tote back because it was so flimsy and soft the colour was lusb and the leather beautiful goodness only knows why it was on a bag and not a jacket or dress. I returned the effie satchel because the colour just wasnt me even though i adore my pink effie satchel and the jackets were just plain horrible.

I have never returned a bag, maybe because I don't buy on impulse? It takes me ages to convince myself that its ok to spend the amount one mulberry costs!

I live in Edinburgh, which has a Mulberry store, but bought online in the sales the last two years as it was more convenient than going to the store sale. I'd seen what I wanted IRL there though so knew what I'd get. I don't like feeling pressured by salespeople and I don't much like the new Mulberry store in Edinburgh. It seems more about the clothes and highlights that I'm not really their demographic anymore, I think!

I bought online because I didn't want to hit the Christmas sale on Boxing Day - I was at work after that and didn't like the thought of crowds of people, especially later in the afternoon/evening time. Also I was worried that what I wanted would go out of stock quickly!

The reason for returning my bag is because I read a few situations where some girls have received damaged bags and I was worried mine would turn out the same, so whilst I was still waiting for my delivery I went out one early morning on the weekend and bought one in store as a backup just in case it did turn up damaged.

Next time I am just going in store to buy, no more buying online and having the hassles with returning and waiting ages for a refund.

I have never returned a bag, maybe because I don't buy on impulse? It takes me ages to convince myself that its ok to spend the amount one mulberry costs!

I live in Edinburgh, which has a Mulberry store, but bought online in the sales the last two years as it was more convenient than going to the store sale. I'd seen what I wanted IRL there though so knew what I'd get. I don't like feeling pressured by salespeople and I don't much like the new Mulberry store in Edinburgh. It seems more about the clothes and highlights that I'm not really their demographic anymore, I think!
I'm in Edinburgh and I know what you mean about the store... The old store felt warmer...and was all about the bags. I used to love going in and just browsing and trying the bags. The new store seems to have lost that warmth.

I'm in Edinburgh and I know what you mean about the store... The old store felt warmer...and was all about the bags. I used to love going in and just browsing and trying the bags. The new store seems to have lost that warmth.
Exactly! I loved the coziness and feeling I was surrounded by bags. Now most are upstairs and they're quite spread out. It's not the same.

I'm just fickle!

I love to think I can have it, order it, see it, model it, then see something different. And so.... The cycle begins again!! X

Another cycle I've noticed is that.... I want it, chase it, buy it, love it, use it, sell it.... To fund another.....regret it, buy it back when the buyer sells it again. !!!! Lol. :roflmfao::roflmfao:

So...in a nutshell... I'm not alone!! :giggles::woohoo: