Why a Balenciaga city bag???

Kfoorya2

Jun 22, 2013
Hello lovelies, I will start by saying that I was never a fan of Balenciaga bags and didn't expect one day I might think of owning one since I love My Chanel, Prada, LV bags dearly because they are timeless and super classic. However, I have always thought that Balenciaga bags kind of hold a weird shape and are too "casually" for my taste but lately I have to say I was drown toward the golden city bag in the light blue color when I was visiting my local department store and I am deciding on getting one now.

I just have one question for you lovely ladies here, why would you say you love the Balenciaga city bag? Maybe I can start seeing this bag in a different way from how I have perceived it in the past.

Thank you so much for passing and your input is appreciated.

I really hope to get a city bag soon.

Tiare

zOMG sales!
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
It goes with my aesthetic. I fell in love with them before I'd even heard the name Balenciaga or where the price point fell.

I've become the quintessential "Bal-fanatic" where my first First turned into five purses. I love each one for different reasons, but, the City is my mainstay.

I love the size and the ability to change from a purposefully stylish crook-of-the-elbow style, to, a workhorse with the shoulder strap.

My brighter colors such as Amethyst have held up well, even when travelling, but, my Anthra is indestructible.

On top of everything else, I can ride the subway and usually not get a second glance, as if I had a Chanel. However, walking around SoHo or the like there are more than a few others Bals you will walk amongst. It has both cache and anonymity, a rare thing for a luxury brand.

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
The biggest thing for me is how light Bal bags are. I love a good leather bag but between the weight of most leathers and the amount of crap I carry on an everyday basis, most great leather bags end up giving me a shoulder-ache by the end of a busy day. Bal bags don't.

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
It goes with my aesthetic. I fell in love with them before I'd even heard the name Balenciaga or where the price point fell.

This!
I LOVE the way they look and knew I wanted one (or many) before I knew the brand or price.
The City is just such a classic, and it's the perfect size. Like others have said, the leather is really light so it's so comfortable to carry. I also love the fact that no one in my area even really knows about Balenciaga, so I'm always unique when carrying my Bals. You can't even buy Bal around here so it's not the "must have" brand. Coach and MK saturate the market here, so sometimes it's nice just to be a little different! ;)

bagcat

O.G.
Feb 14, 2008
I have to confess that of all the purses I own, my Balenciagas get carried the most. I like that it doesn't have a logo and yet people who know the brand will know that you carry a B-bag--almost like an exclusive clique.:cool:

NikkNak728

Apr 2, 2013
Not only are they just a very cool fashion vibe, they are SO light to carry. My Chloe's and marc jacobs bags feel like carrying backpacks but my balenciagas feel light as a feather. They hold up very well and tend to be my go to bags. I love the city but I like having the option of a crossbody so my town and velo get a lot of use as well.

snowbubble

Sep 5, 2013
Hello lovelies, I will start by saying that I was never a fan of Balenciaga bags and didn't expect one day I might think of owning one since I love My Chanel, Prada, LV bags dearly because they are timeless and super classic. However, I have always thought that Balenciaga bags kind of hold a weird shape and are too "casually" for my taste but lately I have to say I was drown toward the golden city bag in the light blue color when I was visiting my local department store and I am deciding on getting one now.

I just have one question for you lovely ladies here, why would you say you love the Balenciaga city bag? Maybe I can start seeing this bag in a different way from how I have perceived it in the past.

Thank you so much for passing and your input is appreciated.

I really hope to get a city bag soon.

I was like you at first, attracted to the more 'classic' pieces such as Chanel, Prada, YSL ... and many timeless bags. However the more I look through the Balenciaga photos I've became addicted. Recently got my first Balenciaga City in Black and I don't think I'll ever turn back.
I love the unstructured/hobo look of Balenciagas (since all my classic bags were structured, it was a change!), the leather is sooooo soft (the newer bags are not as soft as Chanel lambskin) and tough. The purse is light as a feather, I'm tired of the weights in some of the structured bags, the weight makes it a really comfortable bag to use for all occasions, you'll be surprised how much you can put inside a classic city bal (I stuff it to the max and it still looks nice, small, and stays light!). Another major plus for me is that, Balenciagas just get better with time! the more you use it the softer and better the leather gets, that is so satisfying (atleast to me). :biggrin: Oh and did I mention color choice!? :loveeyes:

I'm addicted.. what to do? bal-ban :sad:

LolaLemon

Apr 7, 2013
They look just gorgeous! I've had a few Bals which have been and gone. I've always considered the City but never gone for it, until now that is, a Dark Night City is on its way....it's been a while since I've been this excited about a bag!