whose daddy's or mommy's princess?

Well, I buy all my own bags and clothes, actually and I'm only 15. I get an allowance but I definitely work for it. I only get money from my parents for holidays and birthdays, and my grandparents also get me money. I actually like buying my own bags because it gives me a feeling of "accomplishment" but my mom agreed to get me the Neverfull as a joint sweet sixteen/Christmas gift, which is very sweet of her. :love:

Wow, sounds like nice Parents! So generous and loving!

I have a little diff story:
My parents are blue-collar, midwestern folks who can't afford to buy me LV or designer clothing/bags...then again, they are not familiar with those brands anyway. I am an only child, adopted, and my mom and dad provided everything they could for me when I was growing up. I never went without nice things or a loving home. Now, I am an adult, making a decent living, and 150 miles away from my beloved parents. Both are older and have health issues now, so that is why I am going back to school to work in the medical field so that I can give back by helping them and others like them in the future. Even though they could never buy me an LV purse or a BMW or a fancy vacation, I know they do all they can and love me and I still feel like a 'princess' :heart::heart::heart::girlsigh:

Thank you for sharing this story. It is sweet to hear about someone giving back after so much has been given to them. I would imagine it's quite difficult to live so far away.

I come from meager beginnings. My parents have never been able to furnish me with luxury items. So, now that I am an adult I indulge when I can. I bought my mother a Coach bag for Christmas a few years back and she never wears it out of fear of ruining it. :rolleyes: I hope your mother gets use out of the LV item you are planning on getting for her.

^^ Deep down, on a psychological level, I'm sure that is where my bag/luxury addiction stems from. I come from a single mom family where she struggled to make it work for us, now I'm the one who showers HER with luxury bags. I feel like I need to say "thank you" to her every day.

My parents are blue-collar, midwestern folks who can't afford to buy me LV or designer clothing/bags...then again, they are not familiar with those brands anyway. I am an only child, adopted, and my mom and dad provided everything they could for me when I was growing up. I never went without nice things or a loving home. Now, I am an adult, making a decent living, and 150 miles away from my beloved parents. Both are older and have health issues now, so that is why I am going back to school to work in the medical field so that I can give back by helping them and others like them in the future. Even though they could never buy me an LV purse or a BMW or a fancy vacation, I know they do all they can and love me and I still feel like a 'princess' :heart::heart::heart::girlsigh:

This brought tears to my eyes! You're an amazing daughter and your parents should be very proud of you! You know what life is all about.

You sound like such a wonderful, loving daughter :smile::flowers:

Aww, your story melt my heart! Thanks for sharing! :heart:

I didn't mean drama, at all. :flowers: It's just my opinion that people should work really hard to achieve their goals (be that a fab bag or climbing Mt. Everest!), because you feel a better sense of accomplishment.

yes its true people should work to get what they want...

my mom tells me always that education comes first and thats the only thing she and my

dad are leaving me with and nothing is going to help me besides my degree ... so just

buying me bags are just gifts from her.

I love your story, thanks for sharing - your parents must be very proud of you - they have every reason to!
Regina :heart:

That made me smile. You're wonderful, thanks for sharing.

IMHO, parents aren't "wonderful" because they reward you with bags for being responsible in school... Where's the work ethic gone to nowadays??

I agree.

My parents HAVE the money to spoil me, and they do it to a certain extent on necessities and they will spend thousands as long as it has to do with education or learning a skill. My mom has NEVER willingly on her own bought me anything that's considered to be un-necessary more than 100$.
My dad on the other hand has bought me a few LV accessories to my surprise. Our family's been through some tough times, so I understand what poverty means and I don't blame my mom for not buying me luxury items. I think the message she gives me is more important than her buying them for me and that is "it's fine to buy luxury items, but you gotta EARN for it". I have excellent grades at school, but just because of so is not an excuse for my parents to buy me anything my heart desires. I gotta go find or save up every cent I have to buy what I want. Luxury items may be motivation to work hard, but there's a psychological difference when one is receiving the gift and earning it.
I've never begged my parents to buy me anything, and it's not my style to put my face down and IMO lose "dignity". I guess I'm a very independent person and I hate the feeling that I get when I OWE someone a favor. Just my opinion and how my life works.