Who's the true handbag expert?

well at the moment, out of all my friends im the one that knows the most... but i wouldnt say i'm an expert.... all of you on the PF are my teachers!!! And i'm learning more everyday! So, thanks so much!

I know WAAAY more than my friends and everyone I know including acquantances BUT considering the amount of time I "invest" :weird: in acquiring knowledge...it is understandable. Plus, I have been collecting long before the explosion/obsession with handbags began. Of course this is NOTHING compared to those who have been collecting for decades!!

I don't know anyone (in person) who is as interested in handbags as I am--sales associates included. I usually tell them what colors are available and what the handbag styles are called.

My husband is starting to become quite knowledgeable for a guy--he can identify the Balenciaga styles and colors by name, and he can usually identify bags by Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Chanel, and a few others. I can't believe he actually pays attention when I talk about this stuff!

snowwhite said:
My husband is starting to become quite knowledgeable for a guy. I can't believe he actually pays attention when I talk about this stuff!

:lol: My hubby knows a lot too. Lastnight, one of his friends asked him what bag I was carrying and he turns to me and says " Honey, that's a Speedy 30 right?' AAwww, how sweet. He does pay attention. He even knows how to read the datecode. :biggrin:

pursegalsf said:
:lol: My hubby knows a lot too. Lastnight, one of his friends asked him what bag I was carrying and he turns to me and says " Honey, that's a Speedy 30 right?' AAwww, how sweet. He does pay attention. He even knows how to read the datecode. :biggrin:

lol That's very impressive, I don't even know how to read a datecode! Maybe your husband needs to teach me a lesson.

out of all my friends? wow...umm...it's either me or a good friend of mine who has the same taste. haha. my hubby caught on to the bag craze. we were in hawaii and went into one of the Gucci boutiques. i was looking for a specific bag and he asks one of the SAs "excuse me, can i see that black hobo right there?". LoL. SA replies "hobo? i don't know any another guy who knows what a hobo is. maybe you should work here." that was funny. he got the bag right but it was the wrong color. they didn't have what i wanted a the time.