Who's afraid of ebay?

LOL Chloe.
Seriously that day I was leaving to go for a routine mammogram. I was honestly so rigid with fear that I was not thinking straight! It definitely was a form of temporary insanity which unfortunately remained with me until I got the clear results, thankfully I had no other workmen in the house during that time or they would have had a field day :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

LOL! :lol:

Oh, no wonder you weren't thinking straight!

I haven't had a mammogram (yet), but my mum said it was horrible (quite painful).

So glad you got the all-clear! :biggrin:

No, never had problems on Ebay, but yes...I've been afraid like you before bidding. :confused1:
THen I've learned to read all the possible information about the sellers, not only feedbacks (also if important), but also if they're My Poupette Recommended sellers, if they take position against fake items, if someone here has got a good opinion about that seller.
I do not prefer people selling only one kind of item: sometimes you can find a normal person who buys and sells like anyone else, but seriously. Then I carefully read the auction and look at the pictures. You have to understand if they're standard pictures, or taken from a real bag.Also I don't like if the description is standard.
If in that moment the seller has got 2-3-4 auctions of the same item.. then they can be fake items. Occations are...occasional.. preowned bags cannot be all the same. New bags also: if you can find one or two with a very good price, you're lucky. I see so many auctions of the new Prada gauffrè. Well, if you go to the factory outlet of Prada (near my town) you'll never ever see ONE of them. So for me the ones I see on Ebay sold at 300€ for example (250-260 dollars) are fake.
So, take your time, read carefully everything, ask for the opinions of experts here in the forum... as if you're in a village market, look for something original, also if preowned or not of the current collection (it's safer), and you'll probably have FUN!! :happydance:

Excellent advice. :yes:

I'd like to add your post to the eBay Tips thread, if you don't mind?

I'm afraid of ebay. I got one incident way back on 2005 when I got ripped of by this nasty seller who sells LV and proclaiming that her handbags were real. We got a really good communication at first, before I payed for the handbag. Then, she told me that she already sent the handbag, etc. etc. Then, it's already 3 months, and still, my handbag not yet arrived. I reported her to ebay staff and ebay staff didn't even refund what I payed to her. It ended up that I think she cancelled her account after a week later! It's just unfair... :sad:

I must admit I do enjoy looking at the listings in ebay, I'm like a child in a sweet shop, but I'm afraid (like anyone else) of being conned out of a substantial amount of money which could have been put to better use like getting a brand new bag at the boutique. But then again I feel why pay full retail if I can get a genuine bag for less? You see I'm going round and round in circles.

:yes: Look, I understand you. Just use common sense: avoid non recommended sellers, avoid current collections (if you're not sure of the seller), look for something special and do not risk 1000$ at first! Try with something cheaper. And, finally, if you don't have fun, just don't go ahead: there are so many good E-shops on the web! Am I wrong? Good luck!!

LOL! :lol:

Oh, no wonder you weren't thinking straight!

I haven't had a mammogram (yet), but my mum said it was horrible (quite painful).

So glad you got the all-clear! :biggrin:
Thanks Chloe.

Don't let it put you off, really not that bad just momentary pressure. It's waiting on results that is really painful LOL

Ouch and that one bad experience would definitely put me off. What I don't understand with some of these scammers is that they are going through all the trouble with making a few bucks off someone. When they could probably just open up an ebay store and sell things and make more money then they do. Oh well of course there's always gotta be people out there to ruin it for everyone else.

I'm not afraid to buy. I just have to do my homework well. If it's a pricey pricey bag, I take a video of me opening the package and going through an inspection. Not sure if I can use it later on in case it turns out to be fake but at least I have proof that it indeed is and that I did not just switch them!

I'm not afraid to buy. I just have to do my homework well. If it's a pricey pricey bag, I take a video of me opening the package and going through an inspection...

That is a brilliantly good idea!

But it strikes me as just horribly sad and wrong on so many levels that it IS such a brilliantly good idea.

You are buying something. Paying money for it. When in addition to that, you must also add to the purchase price actually doing the work of videoing yourself opening the package, that just ain't right.