Whoopi Goldberg is 'On the AIR'

midsamid

May 5, 2006
Goldberg is going to join the growing ranks of radio voices this summer when she launches a live, syndicated program "Wake Up With Whoopi." Besides taking calls and doing comedy bits, she'll be playing music, and, she hopes she'll be allowed to select some of her own.
Can't hardly wait!:flowers:

============================================================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to remember that Whoopi Goldberg was involved in some soft of a sex abuse or sex harassment lawsuit a few years ago. It was settled out of court at the time as I recall. I've been unable to find anything on this thru Google. Does anyone remember any details on this? Thanks...

Exactly what I've heard as well. Which is what got me wondering. I did run across some items where a person had accused Whoopi of stifling their career but I'm not sure it's the same thing... The idea of her mentioning it specifically when the topic it Cosby is what makes me wonder.

I seem to remember that Whoopi Goldberg was involved in some soft of a sex abuse or sex harassment lawsuit a few years ago. It was settled out of court at the time as I recall. I've been unable to find anything on this thru Google. Does anyone remember any details on this? Thanks...

Who ever she did that harassment too I feel sorry for them.

Whoopi Goldberg defends Kelly Osbourne's comment on Latinos while 'best friend' Raven-Symoné insists star is not racist as hosts discuss incident on The View

But Kelly Osbourne's colleagues on The View came rushing to her defense the following day as they sat down for another episode of the panel talk show.
Whoopi Goldberg was the first to show her support for the 30-year-old, saying: 'The point she was actually trying to make was that Donald *****'s stance on immigration will only end up hurting the people that Donald ***** is counting on'
2B21011200000578-3186272-Not_racist_Whoopi_Goldberg_rushed_to_Kelly_Osbourne_s_defense_on-m-28_1438805147785.jpg
Whoopi Goldberg rushed to Kelly Osbourne's defense on Wednesday after the 30-year-old's controversial comments about Latinos on the show the day before

Referring to the televised blunder which left the lilac-haired TV personality bursting into tears during the commercial break, the 59-year-old actress added: 'And one of the things that happens on live television is you try to get your point in and you try to hit it, and you sometimes stepped in dog doo.'
She added: 'It does not make you a racist. ... Sometimes your head works faster than your mouth, it happens.'

the daughter of Sharon and Ozzy left her fellow co-hosts speechless when she said 'If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilets, Donald *****?'
After Whoopi revealed her support on Wednesday, Raven-Symoné echoed the sentiment, telling the ladies that she was Kelly's best friend.
The former Cosby Show star said: 'I don't think she'd be a racist if she was friends with me.'
'Well, hello. I'm darker than you,' Whoopi quipped.

2B2100D800000578-3186272-image-a-15_1438803739441.jpg

Raven-Symoné called Kelly her best friend before saying 'I don't think she'd be a racist if she was friends with me.

2B2100EE00000578-3186272-The_other_side_of_the_argument_Republican_commentator_Nicolle_Wa-m-42_1438806047938.jpg

The other side of the argument: ********** commentator Nicolle Wallace added that the ladies were understanding because of their friendship with Kelly but wouldn't be as forgiving if it was someone else saying the same thing

While it was clear that the TV hosts wanted to smooth things over after the furor and help their friend move on from the incident, Nicolle Wallace stepped in to offer another angle.
'What struck me was that you guys know her heart, and it was so instant that you were able to forgive her, and it made me wonder if we gave that kind of benefit of the doubt to people that we are ideologically opposed to, what game-changer that would be.'

Kelly herself apologized again - after initially saying sorry on Twitter - in an interview with Extra on Wednesday and insisted that had she not been cut-off by co-host Rosie Perez then it wouldn't have been so bad.

2B2100FA00000578-3186272-Whoopi_was_joined_by_L_R_Nicolle_Michelle_Collins_Sara_Haines_an-m-43_1438806103327.jpg

Having the say: Whoopi was joined by (L-R) Nicolle, Michelle Collins, Sara Haines and Raven for the discussion

She explained: 'I'm ok with people calling me whatever they want to call me, however, I’m not ok that I hurt people’s feelings. It was my poor choice of words and it doesn’t reflect my opinion at all and I do not want to be pulled into this political nightmare.'
'I don’t quite understand how it got this big considering Rosie and I are really good friends… she felt bad because she knew when she stopped me I didn’t get to finish my point, but I also knew that she was only trying to protect her community, which she should and I couldn’t understand why she was apologizing, I couldn’t let her take the heat.'

Former The View host Sherri Shepherd was one of the celebrities to hit out at Kelly on Tuesday, saying on Twitter: 'oooh Lawd @KellyOsbourne latinos can only clean toilets... what are blacks good for? breastfeeding dem babies! Girl what did you just say!'

2B19C57400000578-3185476-image-m-10_1438729388753.jpg

Speaking out: Sherri Shepherd was one of the celebrities who blasted the former reality star about her comments

2B19CB1100000578-3185476-image-a-17_1438730443868.jpg

Cooling down: The TV star and author relaxed a little and empathized with the British-born star

2B19CAE800000578-3185476-image-a-16_1438730439524.jpg

Understanding: Sherri pointed out what many have been saying about Kelly's former friend and co-host Giuliana Rancic

The 48-year-old author then backtracked a little with following tweets which read 'cutting @KellyOsbourne a little slack, bc I've done it myself ... sometimes isht comes out of your mouth live that you didn't mean to say'
She then added: 'It's okay @KellyOsbourne ... @GiulianaRancic did same ... sometimes we say dumb stuff & regret it but hope we have friends who understand'
Indeed, many are calling the incident karma for Kelly who threw E! host and friend Giuliana Rancic under the bus earlier this year after she made comments - which were construed as racially insensitive - about actress Zendaya on Fashion Police.
When Giulana made a joke about her hair resulting in public backlash, Kelly Osbourne defended her friend Zendaya on Twitter and posted a message saying: 'I DO NOT CONDONE RACISM SO AS A RSULT OF THIS IM SERIOUSLY QUESTIONING STAYING ON THE SHOW[sic].' In the end, she ultimately quit the series.

2B18E8CE00000578-3185476-_If_you_kick_every_Latino_out_of_this_country_then_who_is_going_-a-3_1438727976772.jpg

'If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet Donald *****?' Osbourne said on The View on Tuesday, before quickly realizing her insensitive mistake

Giuliana, 40, has yet to speak out about this most recent blunder involving her former friend and co-worker.
While she was spotted at Craig's restaurant in Hollywood just hours after Kelly's scandal broke, Giuliana did not comment on the matter when approached by reporters.

Kelly's mother Sharon didn't speak directly about the comments, but the 62-year-old did tweet her thanks to the co-hosts of The View for how they reacted over the faux pas.
'I want to thank the ladies @TheView for being so gracious to @KellyOsbourne today.' she said.
Her grateful tweet followed The View host Rosie Perez's apology to Kelly, which surprised many of her followers who lashed out saying that she had no need to say sorry.
'My apologies @KellyOsbourne, I took your point wrong-#***** #Latinos. My bad. You're heart is so pure & righteous. I adore you. @TheView'

'Everyone assured Kelly things would be okay. They were trying to calm her down before returning from commercial break. Rosie was still pissed. She stormed off and said, 'I want no parts of that mess,'' a source at the show told Mail Online.
'She was hysterical because she knew the backlash was imminent. Let's face it, she turned on Giulana who was obviously only reading a joke prepared by producers, but these were Kelly's own words and she said them on live TV. No one could explain her actions but her and she feared the fallout from it all,' the source shared.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3186272/Whoopi-Goldberg-defends-Kelly-Osbourne-s-comment-Latinos-best-friend-Raven-Symon-insists-star-not-racist-hosts-discuss-incident-View.html#ixzz3hyljBFrk

Well she does have a point though, I don't believe Kelly's comment came from some deep rooted racism, she just had some "edgy" thought and expressed it in the dumbest way imaginable. It's also why she shouldn't be on a talk show, I don't care about hearing her uneducated ramblings that only come out well by chance. Same goes for Raven.

Reactions: limom and uhpharm01