wholesale designer bags???? what a joke!

lv1011

Jul 8, 2006
So I just need to make sure i still have my sanity. I just had an argument with a family member who owns a local purse store here in my city. They sell inspired purses and now they carry replica chanel bags, with the CC on them and also replica coach bags and replica LV bags. I explained to her that its illegal and can be punishable by jail time and/or hefty fines if they go reported. she said cops came into her store and told her as long as she dosent tell people they are real, then its perfectly legal! BS!!! are there that many idiots out there who are going to walk into a purse store expecting to pay $35 for a real lv papillion? --right.

so then she amuses me even further by telling me that coach will let her sell there real bags in her shop. umm NO. she said "well macys does it, why cant i?"--- hilarious. she told me she had a letter from coach corp. telling her the procedure on doing so, more comedy.

being the resourseful person I am, pulled the following info from coach.com:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Who is authorized to sell Coach product?[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Coach offers its merchandise for sale through the following methods of distribution: (1) Coach stores, (2) Coach factory stores, (3) Coach catalogs, (4) authorized department stores, (5) authorized specialty stores and catalogs, (6) limited duty free locations, and (7) coach.com. Coach does not have individual distributors and is not available through house parties[/SIZE][/FONT]

</B></U></I>[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Can I sell Coach product in my store?[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]At this time we are not currently entering into new wholesale/vendor relationships[/SIZE][/FONT]

she continued to tell me she had this fictious letter somewhere, but couldnt find it right now. She says they occassionaly sell fake designer bags and that people with millions of dollars come into her store and buy fake bags because " most people buy fake bags anyways" and " people cant tell the difference"
I again reminded her of the consequences and legal ramifications involved with this and she just said she dosent tell her customers they are real etc.

so my question is: do you really think high end designers like chanel, lv, balenciaga, prada, gucci, fendi and even coach and d&b would wholesale to a little no body store? um NO.

thoughts? feelings?
shes really got me riled up!:yucky:

What would the consequences be if Chanel, Coach, etc. were tipped off to her merchandise? I'm sure they wouldn't be happy, and would use legal action to have her cease selling the stuff, but would they press charges?
If there's a good chance they wouldn't press charges for a first offense like this, I say report her anonymously to the companies whose fakes she's selling. Maybe that'll waker her up.

^^^ I was considering that. I just dont want her to face jail time or a huge 200k fine. I want her to wake the F up though and realize shes commiting a crime.

It's funny that she said people can't tell. Now I may not be able to tell ALL of the time but most of the time I can TELL. MY phrase has always been: People who know- KNOW

It's completely illegal. She just wants to justify herself selling the bags.