Whole Foods Release in NY: Anya Hindmarch

Not me I purchases a honey tote for $1 from whole foods. I dont think that I will use the AH bag instead of a plastic bag since it is rather small i will probably use it more for a tote bag. but i will probably use the honey bags for a grocery bag

in the morning, i recorded the line on my camera at 630 am, the line went around 3 corners (so i think it almost made a full square!)
they sold out fast but i didn't stick around long enough to find out.
they opened at 8 am immediately and AH was doing press in general. first buyer she took a picture with, she also signed one person's bag i THINK. i was lucky enough to be the one standing right by her when she was told she should take a picture of a customer holding that bag, so that customer was me! hehe

she didn't sign my bag unfortunately nor did she take a picture with me because she said if she did she would have to do that for everyone, which is true, because i think she had to repeat that exact same sentence 9 times after saying it to me lol

I'm sad though, I wish she had signed it. I needed some concrete evidence to show that I didn't waste 11 hours of my life waiting on line in the cold and wet wet rain (i was SOAKED!)

Upside was being able to tell her how much I love her designs, shaking her hand, and posing in OFFICIAL PRESS PICTURES with her hehehe =)

Also, i had a lot of friends tell me that they saw me on TV !!!! (I was interviewed on line outside as well as inside talking to Anya!!) I believe I will be quoted in the Daily News as well!

GREAT DAY! =)))

How was the bowery line toward the morning, was it ridiculous? I know people were there starting at night! do you know how fast they sold out? did they open early? was AH signing bags, did she sign yours?

:smile:

oh and to answer the plastic bag question, yes i saw a LOT LOT LOT of people whipping out bags to carry their canvas bags. i felt bad and didnt want to do that so i hugged onto my bags for dear life and ran into the car lol

i posted this in another thread and i am sorry but i have to share my opinion here too even tho i KNOW it isnt wanted, i just cant let this go i really really feel strongly about how stupid and wrong this "fight for not throwing out plastic bags is"

i would never wait on line for this bag
its a canvas bag with writing on it, i dont get it,,,

if its made to try and stop people from using plastic bags, and if she REALLY believed in this cause they would be endlessly avail for everyone and anyone who wanted one because then everyone could not use plastic bags and use one of these

instead its a marketing gimic there are limited quantities and it shows that she is not in it for the cause but in it for the publicity and the rarity of these items

they cost prob about $3 to make and she could make an endless amount avail. but chooses not to because its so exclusive and you have to be willing to wait on lines over night or all AM to get one?

to me that does not say "i really care and want everyone to use these and stop using and disposing of plastic"

it says to me "i want my name in the newspaper and to act like i really care"

sorry i just think its really unfortunate that she doesnt actually care because if she did these would be passed out like candy to save the environement from the disposal of overused plastic bags

ITA. i think this whole phenomena is ridiculous. If she really cared about the environment, let anyone who wants one be able to get one. but NOO... she has to make it so exclusive that people want it. The bag itself is unpractical and way too small for real grocery shopping. What's the point of all this? waiting in line to get an almost useless bag in the rain? i think not.

Soundjade - Congrats it sounds like you had an awesome time!! I'm jealous!! :graucho:

I think this whole idea is fun and if they made an unlimited number of these bags no one would want one, would they?? Everyone wants one because they can't get one...it's just like everything else in life! :drinkup:

^ and that i think is the exact problem its the same as everything else in life everyone only wants one cause its exclusive and people arent wanting them for the actual claim that it is created for

its supposed to not be there just to want cause you cant have its supposed to be there to want to replace the plastic bags destroying some of our enviroment

but it is ALL lost in the media hype over these hard to get bags

and i would hope if everyone wants them for the right reasons what the issue is that it is addressing, that even if they were totally avail to anyone, everyone would still pick one up as that is supposed to be the whole idea! GRRRRRRRRR

and i would hope if everyone wants them for the right reasons what the issue is that it is addressing, that even if they were totally avail to anyone, everyone would still pick one up as that is supposed to be the whole idea! GRRRRRRRRR

I saw someone else on the boards mention that they saw ppl walking around with plastic shopping bags stuck in these totes.

yea like HELLO!!! way to defeat the ENTIRE purpose of these bags and make it even more of a joke then some of us already think it is

i for one keep my plastic bags to dispose of my kitty litter in but thats it i never ever just throw out a plastic bag, and if i had a canvas tote to shop with it damn well better be big enough to fit more then a carton of milk and some tisses

yea like HELLO!!! way to defeat the ENTIRE purpose of these bags and make it even more of a joke then some of us already think it is

i for one keep my plastic bags to dispose of my kitty litter in but thats it i never ever just throw out a plastic bag, and if i had a canvas tote to shop with it damn well better be big enough to fit more then a carton of milk and some tisses

I use my plastic bags for my cats litter as well! Sorry just had to say that hahahaha I have some totes for shopping that i've started to use... they don't hold a lot but i usually bring 2 or 3 just like how many someone would get in plastic bags.