Who wears a pashmina??!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Does anyone here wear a pashmina??

Are they a classic or totally out??

If they are no good, what do you wear to warm up a dress in winter?

Please help, I need real suggestions!

2. I think pashminas are classics. I prefer to invest in good quality wool, silk or cashmere rather than viscose.

when you say "warm up a dress", are you asking about how to still feel warm in a dress? i'd wear tights (hose) and layered underwear like an all in one or a full slip. It seems people don't wear slips nowadays. so now we get to see everybody's pantylines!

3. I still have a cashmere one. Its so versatile. I use it as a scarf now, tied around the neck, but my daughter often uses it at night wrapped around her as it is so much softer than a throw!

They are a classic, buy the best quality one you can afford and it will last you forever :smile:

4. I kind of think they are classic too, but I am really not sure! I would defintely buy the best quality one I could.

MissThing - yes, I want ideas for how to take a sleeveless dress through to winter or chilly autumn nights.

Fur is SO unappropriate here in Australia and I am afraid of someone throwing paint on me!

I am just looking for a basic item that will go with a lot of things and be nice and arm even in winter. I keep coming back to a pashmina...

5. its one of my must haves when i travel. keeps me warm and use it as my blanket when im on the plane ;)

6. same here too, i always carry one with me when i fly as i never use those plane blanket. pashmina is a good investment and a classic must have.

7. yes, i do have a couple and use them really often!!:love:

8. I love love love my pashmina. I have a cashmere and slik blend. I use it at home, at work, at church. It is like a chic adult blankie:lol:. I also love wearing it as a scarf during the winter.

9. Thanks ladies, they seem pretty popular!

10. Ain't THAT the truth?!!! :yes:

I don't get that either. Maybe I'm just getting old (heck, I AM old!), but I don't understand why younger women balk at slips and other lingerie in exchange for displaying their bloomers to the world!! I remember one time seeing a young lady with a too sheer dress (maybe it was a skirt) and nothing under it. You could see the style and designs printed on her undies.

Sorry, but that's under the "too much information" heading for me....:Push:

11. I love Pashminas, MY they are a stylish alternative to a thick heavy wool coat. I'm leaving India for the UK in 5 days so am stocking up for myself and ahead of the Christmas season.

12. I love Pashminas, my favourite one has Swarovski crystals on it.
    Pashminas they are a stylish alternative to a thick heavy wool coat. I'm leaving India for the UK in 5 days so am stocking up for myself and ahead of the Christmas season.

13. i love pashminas and still wear them!

14. Bumping this thread so more people see it and give their opinions!

15. I have a pashmina in gorgeous, deep turquoise blue. I bought it when I went to Croatia and Italy a few years ago where I was walking around in summer dresses but needed something to cover up if I was touring inside a cathedral (bare shoulders are a no-no).

I honestly haven't used it recently but am glad I have it and will probably use it as a scarf this winter!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice