Travel Who was in Alaska? Pictures..

laurica

Aug 6, 2009
Hello! I am Laura and i am from Romania. I was the last two summers ('07-'08) in Sitka, Alaska with a Work and Travel program for students. I think there is the most beautiful place on earth. I miss it very much and is no day without thinking about that wonderful place. i put some pictures to see what I am talking about.:graucho:

Attachments

• IMG_1793.JPG
    IMG_1793.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1938.JPG
    IMG_1938.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1846.JPG
    IMG_1846.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1870.JPG
    IMG_1870.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 51
I've been to AK 7 times in all kinds of weather and Sitka is like heaven IMO. Thanks for sharing pix.

My friend is an officer in the Coast Guard and it is difficult to get the Sitka assignment as it is in high demand in the CG.

I've been to ANC 2x - once for a day and the other a stop-over on my way back home. ANC reminded me of a small, blue collar town. But once one escaped the boundaries, it was far prettier. I have a few pictures but none too fabulous. First was from the plane in the south part of Alaska.

Second - I landed in Alask. :biggrin: Apparently that is the state *close to* Alaska (which is allowed to use the 'a' at the end).

Third is my Petit Noe sitting right by a chunk of ice. There is a stuffed, furry bear butt in the background. Nice.

That's all I got. It was 50 degrees in Anc in August that year. I'll take that over the 100+ we have here these days. :biggrin:

Attachments

• alongthewaytoanc.jpg
    alongthewaytoanc.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 76
  • bearbutt.jpg
    bearbutt.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 53
  • welcometoalask.jpg
    welcometoalask.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 45
I love Alaska!! :heart:
I went on vacation there in late May and absolutely loved it! Now I'm not an outdoorsy person by any means, but I couldn't help being in awe of the fantastic scenery Alaska has to offer and enjoying nature. Here are some of my favorite memories. :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_8835.JPG
    IMG_8835.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8976.JPG
    IMG_8976.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9122.jpg
    IMG_9122.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9209-sm.jpg
    IMG_9209-sm.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9258-sm.jpg
    IMG_9258-sm.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 52
I've been to ANC 2x - once for a day and the other a stop-over on my way back home. ANC reminded me of a small, blue collar town. But once one escaped the boundaries, it was far prettier. I have a few pictures but none too fabulous. First was from the plane in the south part of Alaska.

Second - I landed in Alask. :biggrin: Apparently that is the state *close to* Alaska (which is allowed to use the 'a' at the end).

Third is my Petit Noe sitting right by a chunk of ice. There is a stuffed, furry bear butt in the background. Nice.

That's all I got. It was 50 degrees in Anc in August that year. I'll take that over the 100+ we have here these days. :biggrin:
thanks for shearing the pictures with us:smooch:

I love Alaska!! :heart:
I went on vacation there in late May and absolutely loved it! Now I'm not an outdoorsy person by any means, but I couldn't help being in awe of the fantastic scenery Alaska has to offer and enjoying nature. Here are some of my favorite memories. :smile:
Thanks for the pictures. Where are the pictures made? In what city?

^Thanks, Laura! :smile:
The first two were taken in Juneau (the very first pic is actually a shot of Mendenhall Glacier). The last 3 pictures are near Skagway (all taken during a bus tour).