Who wants a peak at peacock?!

I saw the lookbook in a local store and was told that it was the rose. They said it will ship 12/30 and I have my name down for them to call me! I sAw the gray/amber and the stingray. It is so gorgeous!!! I am so excited to be able to purchase locally!

Desi~
Congrats on your special gift! :tup: I think the peacock color is TDF too and I can't wait to buy something in it! Your coin purse is darling! Glad you got your issues resolved and you got something extra special on top of it. Enjoy!

Oh I definitely happy that they are trying to make ammends to you. It's really underwhelming when you think of the 6 weeks and 30 plus emails you had to endure to get this. I think a nice 50% off would have been better. After all, they made money on your money for 6 weeks, and multiply this by other monies they have not returned or bags not sent and they are making some interest on all of this floating money.

But seriously I think this coin purse needs to be offered to every single person who had an issue. That is only fair. You will have some unhappy campers if they get nothing for thier trouble knowing some restitution were being made.

But don't get me wrong. You 100% deserve this gift....Just so does everyone else.

And I do appreciate seeing it because it's the nicest depiction of it's color I've seen and helps me narrow down my want list.

Oh yea- I definitely agree. Everyone that has had CS issues definitely deserves something. 50% off would have been awesome, but realistically speaking i would have even appreciated 25%, KWIM? But oh well, the peacock is the only other RM i'm probably going to buy till th end of the year. I'm trying to pay off debt, and i'm selling off a few more of my RM's to fund a Bal purchase. :P

Desi,
I think you are so deserving of that PEACOCK coin purse.
So, the tie dye leather must not have been peacock.
I am so happy this is resolved and it is beautiful.
Not glazed, huh?

Hi Andee- MAYBE the actual peacock bags may have some type of glaze finishing or something. If it doesn't, it doesn't bother me, because the natural leather on the coin purse is heavenly. I'm sure this is not a finished product. There is no lining, or RM name plate or anything on the inside.

Oh yea- I definitely agree. Everyone that has had CS issues definitely deserves something. 50% off would have been awesome, but realistically speaking i would have even appreciated 25%, KWIM? But oh well, the peacock is the only other RM i'm probably going to buy till th end of the year. I'm trying to pay off debt, and i'm selling off a few more of my RM's to fund a Bal purchase. :P

Oh yeah, I think I am going to have to get either a MAM or a Market Tote in Peacock. I love the natural look of the leather. And I am in the market for another B-Bag too but other things keep getting in the way...like BE and Choo.

As for the whole CS issue: I think it's fantastic that they sent you the gift and the look book, I really do. No customer should have to wait so long or go to so much trouble to get a refund, even if it's for an item that costs $2.00, much less several hundred.

However, I also think that the gorgeous coin purse and look book represent a very short-term, band aid-like solution to a much bigger structural problem within the company -- a lack of consistent, high-quality CS that reflects the caliber of its products. So while a coin purse here and there is a fantastic after-the-fact gesture, it ultimately doesn't replace the CS work that should be done on the front end.

I for one truly hope that RM addresses the profound CS problems in the company very quickly, and (call me naive), I still think that there is a remote -- emphasis on remote -- possibility that this might actually happen.

Until then, I won't be buying from RM.com. And I hate to even type this, but I might even reach the point where I won't be buying any RM, period.

You make a very valid, completely true point here. Didn't Kooba start losing fans at least partly because their CS went down the tubes? RM needs to be careful with that. Best to learn from the experience of others here, right?

I have to wonder, why do designers start thinking, once they have their bags on celebrity arms, that CS with the "regular" people doesn't need to be a strong point? I think WE are the ones supporting them, not the celebrities, if you're looking at volume sales (and not exposure).

We already have people who will never order directly from RM.com again. (I won't.) That seems to me to be step #1 in "how to isolate your customers." Not a good sign.

Pay attention, RM! It IS possible to lose dedicated, loving customers if you don't do right by them!

Last edited:
^Sigh. I truly hope that RM and/or her staff get to see some of our comments, and that something constructive comes out of all this. The subpar CS and lack of anything beyond an occasional, isolated response to it is really getting to me. Today I was going to buy an RM on a deep discount that I have been wanting forever -- but I didn't, because I thought about all of the CS and quality control issues and just couldn't spend the money in good conscience.

^Sigh. I truly hope that RM and/or her staff get to see some of our comments, and that something constructive comes out of all this. The subpar CS and lack of anything beyond an occasional, isolated response to it is really getting to me. Today I was going to buy an RM on a deep discount that I have been wanting forever -- but I didn't, because I thought about all of the CS and quality control issues and just couldn't spend the money in good conscience.

Whoa, Loquita! Which bag did you pass on?