Who wants a $10,000 Coach Bag? *pics*

I personally like the higher priced Coach items simply b/c they aren't seen everywhere. I like the exclusitivity. I think the man quoted in the article is right in saying that Coach will attract a new market with its higher priced Legacy line.

Wow. the most I have paid, and the most I would pay, was $100 for the Coach LTD ED Kimono bag. Killer bag, killer design, and it is SO my favorite Coach!
But to pay more? Nah. I'd go Louis. Then again, my handbag cap is $2G. That is the highest price I said i would ever pay for any bag. b/c for another $500, you can build a small town with running water in Haiti, and I can't be that bad a steward wtih my money! I work for it, I buy it, and I love it.
Sorry for going OT for a sec there!
Over all, $10G for a Coach? nah, never.

Coach may be on to something. I have said before that many people who turn their nose up at Coach or D&B would suddenly find them very desirable if their bags were all $1,000 or more. We may consider things like quality, where it is made, etc, but there are plenty of non-purse forum people who base desirability exclusively on how expensive something is.
That doesn't quite work if the bags weren't originally that expensive and the prices are being jacked up simply to appeal to a luxury clientele. I would never spend $10,000 on a Coach bag. Ugh

Thanks for sharing - interesting article.

Actually Coach here in Europe is not at all well-known (hint: they could export??) - but seriously, I didn't know the brand until I joined this forum. I am not sure though whether they will be able to get into the market this easily - in the end they have a lot of classics to compete with....

Ask in Italy, nobody knows Coach... except the Pfs!! ;)

I personally like the higher priced Coach items simply b/c they aren't seen everywhere. I like the exclusitivity. I think the man quoted in the article is right in saying that Coach will attract a new market with its higher priced Legacy line.
agreed.

and, honestly. i will NEVER understand people using the argument "well, for x more, i could get a lv." yes, you can. but it's an entirely different bag. the little i know of lv, what can you get for $600 (besides a speedy?). not a whole bunch. maybe something that is about the size of a clutch. in coach, you can get a pretty darn good (large) bag. it's all about what you want.

and it really saddens me that people are so into the name of a designer. like i said before, if you love it, get it. end of story.

i agree with you aarti.

it makes me sad that people are so involved with the name of a designer. "oh, i could get a hermes for that price". sure, you could. but does that really matter? buy what you love. if you hate it, don't buy it. simple enough.

i have a feeling a lot of you are missing out on incredible things from other designers (coach included) because you want a "higher end" name. going through everybody's collections, some of the most beautiful bags are not the most expensive. and some of the ugliest ones (to me) are the priciest. to each her own.

Yep, yep.:yes:

i agree with you aarti.

it makes me sad that people are so involved with the name of a designer. "oh, i could get a hermes for that price". sure, you could. but does that really matter? buy what you love. if you hate it, don't buy it. simple enough.

i have a feeling a lot of you are missing out on incredible things from other designers (coach included) because you want a "higher end" name. going through everybody's collections, some of the most beautiful bags are not the most expensive. and some of the ugliest ones (to me) are the priciest. to each her own.
I hate it when people assume it is all about the designer. In some cases it is, but with Hermes, I can truly say that I would rather pay that money for an Hermes than a Coach because Hermes has better quality. Their materials are superb as is the craftsmanship. Coach is quality, but it still doesn't rank on the level with Hermes when it comes to quality.

True that I don't know much about Coach because the first time I saw one it looked like a knockoff the Louis Vuitton MC that I was carrying. Don't know if LV is considered Mc Donalds handbags where you live ??
LV fakes are!! Walk into a mall close to our state capital and almost everyone is carrying either a fake mono or mc.

i agree with you aarti.

Oh yes it does. I am no fan of Hermes either but to spend USD10,000.00 grand?? Rather buy a Hermes with HIGH resale value and can be proudly passed on for many generations. Hermes has proven itself in the HIGH END LUXURY DESIGNER BAG WORLD.

I'd give my daughter a Coach bag too for her daily use

agreed.

and, honestly. i will NEVER understand people using the argument "well, for x more, i could get a lv." yes, you can. but it's an entirely different bag. the little i know of lv, what can you get for $600 (besides a speedy?). not a whole bunch. maybe something that is about the size of a clutch. in coach, you can get a pretty darn good (large) bag. it's all about what you want.

and it really saddens me that people are so into the name of a designer. like i said before, if you love it, get it. end of story.

but its a materialistic world we are living in.:smile: "Shallow obsessing is highly encouraged" in this forum:P

Oh yes it does. I am no fan of Hermes either but to spend USD10,000.00 grand?? Rather buy a Hermes with HIGH resale value and can be proudly passed on for many generations.

Maybe I'd take $10,000, add a couple thousand to it and buy a new Nissan Sentra. Or make a down payment for a small house.

But will it be too exclusive that only you'd know you are carrying a USD 10,000.00 Coach bag?

USD10,000.00 Coach bag VS. USD10,000.00 HERMES BIRKIN...??