Who wants a $10,000 Coach Bag? *pics*

I wouldn't pay that much for a Coach bag. I would get an Hermes bag if I was spending that amount on a bag.
ITA - If I had $10k to spend on a bag, it would be a Birkin. I would never put that kind of cash out unless the product were well-proven to last and hold value. :yes:

I also have stopped buying Coach in the last several years. I have many that I bought 10-15 years ago, and several vintage. The quality on these is excellent; I just don't see the same workmanship on the later bags.:blink:

omg, I loove the coach madison ave store. Their python legacy bag was gorgeous. I love LV and all but dont' get why people are swearing off coach. It's like saying they'd rather get a starter lamborghini than a BMW Z8 or something...to me it's all good

...Coach isn't the only ones who use leather.. or exotic animal hides.. the only "mainstream" designer I can think of who doesn't use animal is stella mccartney- except she charges just as much. I don't wear exotics, but I do own leather items. So in all fairness I don't think its fair that your argument is based on them using exotic animals.

All this talk on not buying a bag because of its brand name saddens me. i don't buy a bag because of its name, but becuase I like the shape. I have only seen one bbag around where i live, no one knows what it is, but i bought it becuase it makes me happy. i just hope you all dont miss out on a design from any designer you may really enjoy just because of its name.

as far as some of the other posts..:rolleyes: i won't bother because other girls already replied and I can't add further.

I love the leather coach bags (as in the Legacy), but I'm not a fan of the signature line. Someone posted earlier that she saw coach bags EVERYWHERE, which is true--I see the signature line everywhere, as well as LV mono everywhere.

All this talk on not buying a bag because of its brand name saddens me. i don't buy a bag because of its name, but becuase I like the shape. I have only seen one bbag around where i live, no one knows what it is, but i bought it becuase it makes me happy. i just hope you all dont miss out on a design from any designer you may really enjoy just because of its name.
i agree with you aarti.

it makes me sad that people are so involved with the name of a designer. "oh, i could get a hermes for that price". sure, you could. but does that really matter? buy what you love. if you hate it, don't buy it. simple enough.

i have a feeling a lot of you are missing out on incredible things from other designers (coach included) because you want a "higher end" name. going through everybody's collections, some of the most beautiful bags are not the most expensive. and some of the ugliest ones (to me) are the priciest. to each her own.

What I feel is this,

those few exotic bags aren't made for us, but rather those socialites and fashionistas who have the money, and don't need to buy status, they themselves ooze status, and don't need the bag for that. They buy because they find it fashionable for themselves and chic. I think that right there is the mantra for a true fashionista regardless of the tag.

I love the leather coach bags (as in the Legacy), but I'm not a fan of the signature line. Someone posted earlier that she saw coach bags EVERYWHERE, which is true--I see the signature line everywhere, as well as LV mono everywhere.
I agree, and I'm glad you noted LV mono. I hear so many times girls hate coach because its everywhere, which is why they switched to LV. I guess its based on location, cause I see that and gucci 50/50. But as any of the coach forum girls will tell you, I'm more into their accessories. I'm crazy for them.

obviously your knowledge of handbag is limited to the mcdonald's range.

then it may be the other way around. coach gets knocked off with "inspired" versions.

the croc bag is based on the designs of bonnie cashin, ones she made from 62-72, the stripe colors are her favorites and the turnlock was an inspiration she got from the convertable cars back then, the closure for it.

are you accusing bonnie cashin of being a knock off?

Looks like a cheap version of LV MC. I don't know much about Coach because I was never interested in them. BTW since people don't seem to understand what I meant I was not comparing Coach to Mc Donalds (I don't live in the states and I don't know what restaurant would be considered middle range ) I was giving ans exemple of something that is not HIGH end (not saying it's low end either, just middle range in my opinion) trying to be. Maybe my comparasion was not the best. In my opinion Coach is not high end like Lv, Hermes ...

obviously your knowledge of handbag is limited to the mcdonald's range.

then it may be the other way around. coach gets knocked off with "inspired" versions.

the croc bag is based on the designs of bonnie cashin, ones she made from 62-72, the stripe colors are her favorites and the turnlock was an inspiration she got from the convertable cars back then, the closure for it.

are you accusing bonnie cashin of being a knock off?
True that I don't know much about Coach because the first time I saw one it looked like a knockoff the Louis Vuitton MC that I was carrying. Don't know if LV is considered Mc Donalds handbags where you live ??

First that bag is a fake, at least, not the original scribbles coach released.. I see that they are both satchels, and both bright..but its not like LV copyrighted a satchel. Theres only so much one can do with a bag.