Who wants a $10,000 Coach Bag? *pics*

Coach may be on to something. I have said before that many people who turn their nose up at Coach or D&B would suddenly find them very desirable if their bags were all $1,000 or more. We may consider things like quality, where it is made, etc, but there are plenty of non-purse forum people who base desirability exclusively on how expensive something is.

I still love Coach but I get tired of see EVERY girl/mom with a Coach bag. That is why I am starting to buy more LV and Chanel. I would never pay that price for a Coach bag, might as well get a Hermes bag instead.

It's an interesting marketing strategy. It may get them more foot traffic -- people may want to go into the store just to see the $10K bag, and walk out with a much less expensive bag or accessory. They are obviously wanting to change the overall perception of their brand while increasing a "buzz" around it.

Coach is currently trying to tap into the europe market, I have been told from a excellent source... They are losing alot of money surprisingly, so I sure the attempt to become a REAL High End designer brand is definately on the horizon for them.. they will never be though!

also wanted to add that you see every girl and their mother with them because in the Fake world they are the most wanted and most expensive, so what you see is not real- Get close to it and you will see the cardboard leather and scratchy fabric material

When I saw that article I didn't think, Oh, Coach is going after the pple with tons of $$ to spend. Nor did I think and neither should you, that bags that are within the 1k mark or more is easily accessible.

It isn't. There are less then 10 of those alligator Alis. And as for the ostrich satchel bags, last I check the range was maybe 18-25.

For the whole United States -- that's pretty awesome.

But what do I know I'm just a gal that works at Coach ;)

I do know that I see girls up and down the block with that black quilted bag with white C's on it. While it certainly isn't real there are a good amount of it as well as "fake" Coach bags. Or how about vuitton? and how the super grade AAA are so good you even start to question (the average folk b/c i have read threads where pple question fellow TPFers the authenticity of their bags) the real ones!

Let's not forget the inspired store that opened up in SF's mall, that features a replica of herme's birkin and a chloe paddington (i really wish someone would report on them, i mean saying it's fake doesn't make copying legal does it?!)

I hate it when people put Coach down but I understand, there was a time when I was like.....that much for a bag?! NO WAY!

then i shopped around. and I realized that Coach is not just about the BAG but also the way they merchandise and market. Because for that price range I just don't see another brand that is as good at department stores. Marc by Marc Jacob, the bag with graffitti (sp) all over it? that retails for $428? Made in Indonesia...I wonder if people actually check or if they just assume, Marc Jacob, LV, France.

I'm not saying everyone should shop at Coach, but I'm sick of everyone that comes through saying Made In China like it's a bad thing...then please tell me that you do all your shopping exclusively overseas or products imported from Europe/Japan! It's hard to and I know there will be an arguement saying that it's different with purses versus something commerical like razor or that mug you drink from but really, to sell that mug to you so cheap you really think that 1$ of that 3$ mug went back to it's worker?! It's all the same, ethic wise, if you disagree with having someone be paid so little to produce goods. As for the quality maybe with other bags you'd have a problem because few companies offer a warranty like Coach but i'll spell it out for you. The zipper, thread, or even fading of the animal zebra patch (on patchworks) are covered under the warranty, basically unless you put a hole in there or did something that is considered "wear and tear" Coach will cover. If they cannot fix it often they'd send a letter with an offer of up to 40% off a product or give you the credit of the amount you paid for the bag so you can get a brand new one. So quality is not an issue here.

Why should the place where a bag is made effect the overall style and quality? Coach stands by it's products. Talk to Gucci, their warranty is only 2 years. Coach is for the lifetime of the bag. If it is too new we'd even just exchange it depending on situations. Think about the money you fork out to replace or repair or refurbish bags purchased from Chanel or LV.

And speaking of which, those companies for the most part are higher priced then Coach, it's only when you look at the exotic skins do you find that you can get a Chanel bag or Vuitton instead of Coach. But those bags wouldn't be of the same exotic material, most likely they'd be quilted, leather, or vinyl.

Don't get me wrong, there are bags from Chanel and Gucci I'd admire and even buy but it's based on looks and need and want.

If you work at coach then you clearly know that Coach is not such a great company, They have taken your 50% employee discount away on ordering unlimited and now put their hardworking employees on a Coach limit per item per year... To attend your companies sample sale you have to get an appointment? and as far as the lifetime warranty, you and I both know that always something comes up that it doesn't fit into that lifetime warranty! I actually like a few Coach handbags, just like others, That is why it is disturbing for them to try to sell a $10,000 handbag... Stay in your niche market. ANd by the way congratulations on survivng cancer

It just goes to show how careful you have to be about a "brand" especially from the beginning. Coach has been known for a long time to have bags that are more reasonably priced among higher end bags so to change that mentality would be hard. I do admire what Reed Krakoff has done for Coach, but a $10,000 bag seems to be overreaching.

exactly the point, they should stay away from the 10,000 market.. sometimes when you try to change the system (going HIGH END) they scare the loyal customers away. I think it's gonna be bad business if they go full blown with that market... they won't go bankrupt but in a few years they will have to recoup more than they are doing now.

I love Coach as much as I love Chanel I love my CC's be it made in China or in France/Italy. What matters at the end is the quality of the product and the work of the craftmanship. In fact I have a Coach bag that has better stitiching that my friend's real Hermes bought in Venice. They have innovative designs but like some other tpfers signature is no much of my liking. I do adore the Legacy.