Who uses their bayswater as an everyday bag?

flyvetjo

Jo
O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
ie not just for work? If so- what do you carry in it and how heavy do you find it? I can't imagine lugging it around shopping with me!!! (would use my Antony for that!).
Just interested in what you use it FOR, what you carry IN it and how you CARRY it (ie shoulder/arm/hand held)!:wlae:

(my bayswater is sat in cupboard waiting to be wrapped up for xmas and am trying to decide whether to keep it as a work bag (3 days a week) or use it daily when out with toddler aswell!)

I used to have the Bayswater, and I carried it everyday! It held my computer on work days and all kinds of other stuff when out shopping etc.. :smile:

I could easily carry it over my shoulder, and also hand held. It is not as heavy as many of Mulberry's other bags..

The reason I ended up selling it was the handles. I dit not find them to be robust enough for my use...

Good luck deciding - it is a classic!!

Well, I feel kind silly responding since I just got my bag last week!

I have a total casual lifestyle and carry her out and about - doing the normal "suburban thing" (meaning I use a car). Oh, she doesn't go to the gym.

I believe my bag is lighter than the Darwin leather, so it's not so heavy. I hand carry, in the crook of my arm and also toss her over my shoulder. Inside: wallet, small cosmetic bag, sunglasses, reading glasses, IPOD, pens/paper, cell phone, notepad, etc. Not too much.

It's such an awesome bag!

my bayswater is the darwin oak and i use it as my everyday bag.

it holds everything with room for more (potentially dangerous for my arm) and i dont find it too heavy - yet.

ive had this bag for quite a few months now and absolutely love it, its tough and is getting better with age, not too scary to use if it looks like rain either.

im currently waiting for a mulberry keyring to hang on it - a little jewellery to dress her up:tender:

my bayswater is the darwin oak and i use it as my everyday bag.

it holds everything with room for more (potentially dangerous for my arm) and i dont find it too heavy - yet.

ive had this bag for quite a few months now and absolutely love it, its tough and is getting better with age, not too scary to use if it looks like rain either.

im currently waiting for a mulberry keyring to hang on it - a little jewellery to dress her up:tender:
Hello griffin!!! Welcome to the Mulberry site!!! Great bag too!!!!! I am considering a Bayswater at a later date,after coming on here I'm realising its very much an iconic bag in the same way the Roxanne,Elgin,Annie,Phoebe are,I have found very recently in the Manchester store that the printed leather ones are a bit thicker and as I treat my bags quite badly (not on purpose its just how my life is with a toddler at the mo)it might be an option for me? Mmmmmmmmmm seriously thinking,but there are just so many!!! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I feel kind silly responding since I just got my bag last week!

I have a total casual lifestyle and carry her out and about - doing the normal "suburban thing" (meaning I use a car). Oh, she doesn't go to the gym.

I believe my bag is lighter than the Darwin leather, so it's not so heavy. I hand carry, in the crook of my arm and also toss her over my shoulder. Inside: wallet, small cosmetic bag, sunglasses, reading glasses, IPOD, pens/paper, cell phone, notepad, etc. Not too much.

It's such an awesome bag![/quote
I was looking at the printed leather ones,and although they have thicker leather and are heavier,they don't feel quite as weighty as a Roxanne or an Elgin.xx

Hello griffin!!! Welcome to the Mulberry site!!! Great bag too!!!!!

Thankyou Chaz, lovely to be here.

There are so many gorgeous Mulberrys out there now! It's great, but super tempting....
Hahahaha!! I know I've already bought another one since I've been coming on here!! A Babington.One of the girls,Jo,helped me out,I got it from an outlet so it was less expensive,so now I have another gorgeous bag to thank her for and a Christmas prezzie I know I am just dying to shred open!!!!! So as well as being a very tempting site to be on there are some brilliant and friendly ladies on here too!And when you get a new bag everyone shares your pleasure,it really is lovely!!!

I cannot imagine using this bag as an every day bag. But I am sure it depends on your lifestyle. I'm a stay at home mom with 2 young children and also a freelance magazine writer. I tend to use the bag when I am on my own and running errands. After a while, it feels very heavy to me. However, I love the look and carrying this bag makes me feel great!

When I go shopping or I am with my children, I tend to carry hobos, like my Balenciaga Day bag. Very light weight, shoulder bags.