Who understands your LV addiction??

I have a few family members and relatives who understand my addiction because they all love LVs and other designer brands as well. They all have a few LV pieces but what they don't understand is why they always see me with a new bag. :lol:

My bf spends all his money on car parts so we're very supportive of each other's addictions. He buys me purses and I buy him car parts...it works well except I can't give him any advice about car parts.

I think if my family knew they'd think I was totally nuts for spending this kind of money on a handbag. Totally not understanding the reasoning behind the bags (great quality) they would tell me to put that money into my house or the bank. Its a good thing they have no idea.

I say everything has their thing... Some its summer cars/boats/antiques, I say whatever works for you as long as you enjoy it.

Doesnt that work out the best :smile:

LVgirly said:
My bf spends all his money on car parts so we're very supportive of each other's addictions. He buys me purses and I buy him car parts...it works well except I can't give him any advice about car parts.

My husband thinks I'm a little crazy, but he is supportive. He went with me to the store and helped my pick out my bag and though he thinks their expensive, he still suports my decision to buy one. He always says that since our bills are paid and we're not struggling, why not buy the things you want. (great guy!):shame:

My husband collects HO (1/87) scale model trains and other vehicles. He has a whole room filled with cases and file drawers, just filled with models and kits and other HO paraphernalia. He well knows that only train guys understand other train guys. So while he doesn't understand my interest in bags, he can kind of make the leap. Nothing I could do could hold a candle to his obsession and collection.

My mom understands me, and so does my 12 year old brother. Even though he sometimes makes fun of it. I am trying to convert my mom to like designer handbags, but so far no luck yet. I tell her that once I start earning more money, I will buy any bag I want, and buy her also. I think then she will like them.

blackbutterfly said:
No one...my aunt likes bags, but she doesn't want to pay that much, so she's trying to get a fake Duomo...I've been steering her against it. NO one at work is either...there's one lady who has a couple Kate Spades and Coach's, but no one has any authentic LV...I've seen a fake Babylone and it was HORRIBLE! It's weird carrying my LV to work sometimes because I get a lot of looks, and it makes me uncomfortable, but whatever, it's my money.

I'm all alone in my obsession with bags, which is why I'm glad I got ya'll!!
I'm also alone with my weakness - even some of my very affluent friends think It's crazy to spend that much money on a handbag - of course, they know I'm not drowning in money.

My husband understands most of the time. What he doesn't understand is why I NEED more than one than LV when I seem to use the same one all the time.:lol: ( and not that I have a lot by any means.)
Other people don't really get it all, a friend recently said "oh you like LV, I'll bring you one back from Thailand.":mad:
Nooooooo, don't want a fake LV!

my sister. but she is 17 and as frivilous with money as i, so it's not much of a comfort. also, she understands the love...not the actual purchase. she's getting closer to understanding the purchasing though. she never found one that she thought was worth the money to her, but recently fell in love with an antigua canvas bag *REALLY* wants it when she gets her bootcamp bonus. heh. it's freaking her out a little. :smile:

everyone else just laughs because its so much of who i am. they think it's silly, but ultimately my money. some people like gadgets, i like LV. *shrugs*

my parents and brother dont know im crazy about this:P they will never know~~~
my bro always complain that his gf spends so much money on her "worthless" premier designer things. he said he rather spend the money on his car, travelling, food...than clothes and bags:lol:

well, but my husband is as crazy as me about designer things i think:blink:that's NOT good at all~~~~~~if he's not, i can have much more money for myself:love:
my friends...same addiction cos they are my friends~lol

I have one girlfriend that understands my bag obsession, I think she shares it a bit but nothing like me, she has restraint, I have none with bags. Everyone else thinks I am a total loon with bags and they cannot relate whatsoever. :blink: