Who still likes the bow bag from summer 2008?

Angel1988

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
2 Year ago I had bought this bag in the medium version, but brought it back after a week because I wasn't sure about it anymore.

However, since about a year ago, I started to regret my decision. I did like the bow idea, and actually thought it was pretty practical since you have 2 compartments (each side of the bow) and it fits quite a lot actually. Or at least more than a medium Timeless classic.

The time I had it, I also used it during the day, and the satin didn't deteriorate. I am very careful with my bags though (I used to wasn't and very much regret that).

I know some members purchased the bag, do you still love it and use it a lot?

Another factor is that I don't have a true evening bag yet.

This is a pic of another member who has the bag, I'm sorry, I don't remember who it was.

attachment.php

My SA has been able to find one in Hamburg (the only one left in Europe) and she's having it transferred.

I liked it, it seemed so 'French' to me. The picture you posted is a fabulous way to wear it - in the evening or for a slightly more dressy occasion.

Can you tell me how you used it but were able to return it? I never understand that. lol

Holy Moses! That bag is gorgy hun! :wtf: and that modeling shot...well she is Gorgy too!
I see why u had returners-regrets! I really love the way the chain goes thru the sides of the bag too...soooo fancy and fab-u-lous :tup:

Hey ANgel that was a cool bow bag.. It was okay even if you could not wear it in more occasions because it is not that party kind of bag..but it is good when you have more things to carry around like your Camera and glasses and other makeup kits.
Especially it suits so well to your black dress and that silver chain is an enhancement to its beauty.
You should have asked all this earlier before return :sad:

I liked it, it seemed so 'French' to me. The picture you posted is a fabulous way to wear it - in the evening or for a slightly more dressy occasion.

Can you tell me how you used it but were able to return it? I never understand that. lol

I would like to know as well...:wondering

My SA told me that it was OK to return since I hadn't exceeded the 14 day period and I still had all the tags. I thought this was standard practice.
I couldn't get my money back in cash however. It just got put on my 'Chanel account', which was totally fine by me as I'll always buy Chanel.

On a side note, in the beauty forum I hear all the time stories about people bringing back cosmetics or perfumes, I never understood. Here (in Belgium), I'm pretty sure there's no perfumeria where you can just bring a mascare or a foundation back after a couple of days and get your money back.

Last edited:
Hey ANgel that was a cool bow bag.. It was okay even if you could not wear it in more occasions because it is not that party kind of bag..but it is good when you have more things to carry around like your Camera and glasses and other makeup kits.
Especially it suits so well to your black dress and that silver chain is an enhancement to its beauty.
You should have asked all this earlier before return :sad:

That's not me in the picture, it's a pic from another member here on TPF.

Actually, I did have a thread about this bag 2 years ago:amuse:. There were quite a few concerning this bag. I reread them recently and it's also where I got the pic from. Some people thought it was just a trendy 'bag of the moment', that's also why made another thread about it.

I thought it was especially nice that my perfume (a 50ml bottle) fits in it, I'm a very perfumey person:cutesy:.

As I remember it, the chain was some sort of 'dark silver' which I think also fit with gold jewellry.

I think the bag is adorable, though I've never actually handled it. I was put off by the fact that it appears that the lock is what keeps it in the bow form. Am I wrong? I wasn't sure if I'd be struggling when I'm taking my wallet in and out of my purse. As it is, it doesn't look sexy when I try to nicely cram my wallet back in my medium flap and close my purse. I'm not a fan of having to use both hands to close my purse.

Looks gorgeous as an evening/dressier occasion bag! It's not standard practice to return a USED bag... That just seems slightly unethical to me.

ITA! From my own perspective, I'm paying thousands of dollars for a bag and certainly would not appreciate having someone else use that bag for however many days and then return it only for it to come to me. Just my own pet peeve, I guess!