Who owns Chloe and Balenciaga??

I had ordered a Chloe Paddington hobo a few months ago, and ended up returning it.

I was surprised by the uneven quality of the leather, and the hardware was gold, while the zipper was silver. I thought it looked cheap, I'm sorry to say. :sad:

I wanted to love it, but I just didn't. I have an older Chloe bag (name unknown) that is made with amazing leather, and it looks wonderful. I expected the same quality, but I didn't feel it was there.

Hopefully next season's bags will be more consistent in their quality.

I think the opposite! :upsidedown: I do think that the leather on Chloe bags are a lot more luxe than Balenciaga... the leather on both my whiskey & recently sold grenat are to die for... thick & pebbly, yet soft & smooshy. The leather on the metallic version is definitely very different than the regular leather. There's some degree of plasticky feeling to it because of the metallic coating. Same goes for metallic Balenciaga too. I do agree on some quality issues that Chloe need to fix, peeling hardware being the worst. But I've had quite a few Balenciagas and I must say while they are excellent bags the quality is not that amazing either... I had issues with splitting tassles on a bag (after carrying it 3 times). :cry: I've heard people had studs coming off their B-bags too.

i have both chloe paddington and balenciaga and i love them both! even though i use my bbag much more often than the paddy, i still love the paddy. i got the paddington from aloharag (when it was $1380) and it's perfection! i only use it every now and then because it't just a bit too heavy. the only thing i would say about the quality of the paddington is the peeling on the lock, etc. but i think that gives character. between the two i just can't choose.. i love them both (=

I have both chloe paddington and balenciaga ( 2 and 2) but i use my bbags much more often than the paddies because the paddy is too heavy.
I am looking at the Edith because it is lighter than a Paddy...

lovensparkle said:
I think the opposite! :upsidedown: I do think that the leather on Chloe bags are a lot more luxe than Balenciaga... the leather on both my whiskey & recently sold grenat are to die for... thick & pebbly, yet soft & smooshy. The leather on the metallic version is definitely very different than the regular leather. There's some degree of plasticky feeling to it because of the metallic coating. Same goes for metallic Balenciaga too. I do agree on some quality issues that Chloe need to fix, peeling hardware being the worst. But I've had quite a few Balenciagas and I must say while they are excellent bags the quality is not that amazing either... I had issues with splitting tassles on a bag (after carrying it 3 times). :cry: I've heard people had studs coming off their B-bags too.

Agreed ... I think the current Balenciaga leather doesn't do the bag justice (like the old leather), so I would have to say that the Chloe bags have nice leather.

I've had the tassles split too ... doesn't really bother me too much ... I kind of like that fact that it creates more. I haven't heard the studs coming off though ... yikes!

I have one Chloe whiskey Paddy that sits in the closet and rarely comes out due to the heaviness and effort it takes to mess with the padlock to get in and out of the bag. I have 2 Bbags which I use a lot because they are so lightweight and easy to access the inside. I think your metallic Chloe is not giving you the real Chloe experience because it is not their signature leather.

I too had a December anthracite from NAP - and the leather on my bag was fabulous - super soft, squishy, pebbly, etc. I sold it only because I really couldn't pull off the "flashyness" of the metallic leather.

I have the mousse now; and again, I got a fabulous bag, I am 100% pleased, the leather is getting softer with use, and it is much sturdier and resilient than my b-bags. Perhaps, because I have light colored b-bags I feel this way.

I would definitely buy another paddy in the fall and I don't know if I will buy more b-bags right now.

I used to compare the 2 brands but now, I just feel like it is apples and oranges, you know ;) They both have flaws and they both have attributes, but they really are both very different from one another. :amuse:

i agree with logan, i used to be a b bag addict and have just started with chloe...they're different but i love them all! and i know from tfs that both brands have major quality control issues at the moment. can you bring yours back to see if you can exchange it (or put your mind at ease if the others are the same way)?

I have 2 Work B-bags and 2 Chloes (Silverado & Edith).

I carry the B-bags all day everyday...my mother has the Silverado and my sister is carrying the Edith. So you can tell what I think of the Chloe bags...:P

i have 3 Balenciagas which i love and wear all the time, and I also have a grenat mini Paddy which i never wear and consider 1200 euro wasted. what a shame...

I love my balenciaga city, but have major paddy fever. IN fact, I posted a thread in the Chloe forum (hint hint - everyone go vote puhleeze) to decide on which color to get. I just think they are totally two different bags - you really can't compare them. The balenciaga is so light, fun and chic, and the paddy has the thickest most divine leather and the colors are really beautiful. I don't find the paddy too heavy at all (but way heavier than a b-bag), although I did buy the Edith and returned it because I just did not like the way it felt carrying it (too big and awkward to be a handheld bag IMO).

Needless to say, I think everyone should get one of each for their collection because they are so different and unique. They are both fabulous in their own right!

Although I do love my Paddy's look, I can't carry it around for a long time. I took her out last week, and by the time my husband and I came back from dinner, I had to make my husband carry it :yucky:

I think if you don't live in the city, Paddy's weight is still fine. I find it difficult to carry it around in NYC due to its weight.

I carry my bbags on the other hand. Even my practical scientist husband likes my bbag...