Who Owns a Goyard Bag?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a black Okinawa tote with black and white stripes and initials; purchased at Barney's in NYC. When I was buying my 2nd Goyard (dark blue St. Louis tote)at Bergdorf's, a lady was returning hers for the THIRD time due to the personalization coming off. The sales lady said this is a problem for unstructured bags so I decided to just keep my tote plain. I love both my bags!

2. i own just a few. one fidji that's black/tan and a st.louis pm (customized with crown, stripes and initial) that i got this valentine's day. i have read from previous replies/posts that they don't do the crowns any longer but i'd like to prove you guys wrong. i am not of any royal/aristocratic bloodline and yet Goyard still permitted to have a crown on my st.louis! i guess they've become lenient again or i JUST GOT EXTREMELY LUCKY.:biggrin:

...now planning to get something done with seafoam and gold stripes and a seahorse (goodluck to me though since metallic inks charge for twice the price of regular inks).

3. Not sure why it's so inactive. When I first started browsing here a while ago I noticed there was a lot of negativity (most likely with good reason) around the st louis which seems to be it's most popular bag. Maybe that had an impact?

I was almost totally turned off buying because of this forum and the stories about bad experiences etc. I eventually bought one anyway but was disappointed with it in person wheni received it and I compared it to the quality of my faure le page daily battle and LV neverfull. It just felt flimsy and like it wouldn't last long. I haven't used mine much because I'm scared of damage, though I haven't experienced anything so far. I still love the way it looks, although I like it more in pictures than in person because of the way it feels. I realise their higher priced bags are probably much better quality but this is kind of their starter or gateway bag and if the quality isn't there a lot of customers won't bother checking anything else out.

Another factor may be that they don't seem to be growing as a company or in popularity as far as I can see. I like the fact that they are under the radar and of course they are going for the exclusivity thing but there are still only a handful of places around the world where they can be bought and a lot of people won't be bothered with a brand that takes so much work to obtain.

4. selling is not allowed on tpf...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice