Who on here still adores Fendi Spy bags?

Pretty excited. I wasn't looking but a local consigner had one pop up and it looks to be in mint condition from the photos I have seen. Hoping to pick it up when restrictions ease.

Honey arrived in the mail this morning. Really happy with it.

Ohh you lucky thing! That's precisely the colour I was after!
It truly looks in mint condition too.

I am going nuts trying to distinguish between the fakes and the real ones.
It's cheeky to charge top price for a fake, but some do it...
Think I may have to accept one in less great condition that I can rehab.

(Good for you though!
Can I ask where you got it?)

I love the spy bag! I think it’s such a unique, beautiful bag! I have 2 small spy. I need to take pic to share. So happy others love it too!

If I can't get the full spy I may settle for a baby spy....because I'm tall I feel funny with a smaller bag, but then again we're all walking around lately with small crossovers, so what the heck?

If I can't get the full spy I may settle for a baby spy....because I'm tall I feel funny with a smaller bag, but then again we're all walking around lately with small crossovers, so what the heck?
I’m 5’7 size 8 and it doesn’t look small at all. It’s surprisingly big. To me at least. I did buy a mini Chanel backpack and feel it’s too small on me. But the small spy bags aren’t small imho

• Love
Reactions: azure5
I’m 5’7 size 8 and it doesn’t look small at all. It’s surprisingly big. To me at least. I did buy a mini Chanel backpack and feel it’s too small on me. But the small spy bags aren’t small imho

Yeah well I'm 5ft 10 1/2 and slim but I try to not look silly... I avoid small prints unless combined with larger ones in the same colourway. And I end up wearing things that others can't wear...like large checked pants! Why? Well they were on sale....lol! Do I like them? Not particularly but then again I like that Prada style sensibility, of making the awkward work.

supposedly I'm model height and I have been one, but in our own mind we can still be that awkward teenager...lol!

But you've helped me decide...I'm getting the baby spy and will refurbish it. Thanks

Reactions: bergafer3
With this beauty, how do you organize inside - do you utilize an organizer inside? I love the hobo shape of the regular size Spy, but worry that i can't find my items inside without an organizer I like to use in tote bags.

@azure5 thank you. Unfortunately this bag was highly replicated. I hope one can land in your lap when you least expect it. I got mine from Mio Tesoro in Melbourne, Australia.

@decorox I just chuck in a jumper or cardigan to plump the base. Everything else I need goes on top, no organiser.

Reactions: decorox
@azure5 thank you. Unfortunately this bag was highly replicated. I hope one can land in your lap when you least expect it. I got mine from Mio Tesoro in Melbourne, Australia.

@decorox I just chuck in a jumper or cardigan to plump the base. Everything else I need goes on top, no organiser.

Wow I'm in Melbourne too! So Mio Tesoro at the Como centre? I was in the area today...! I will check them out. Small world.

Been in hard lockdown for so long in 2020 because in my area there were a lot of nursing homes....<sigh> so it's bag therapy for me!

I'm obsessed with identifying fakes etc. Been reading up on the topic.

Today I found a vintage William Morris silk scarf from the V&A, a vintage 80s sewing pattern for jodhpurs (which I'm convinced are coming back, I had some in electric blue corduroy back in the day and wore them with a black jumper in alpaca and black pointy patent shoes...lol) and some black overalls.

Reactions: caruava and Narnanz
With this beauty, how do you organize inside - do you utilize an organizer inside? I love the hobo shape of the regular size Spy, but worry that i can't find my items inside without an organizer I like to use in tote bags.

The full sized Fendi Spy bag has a base. It's not well delineated but it's definitely there so it sits upright unlike some Gucci hobos for instance which lie flat.
Therefore if you're addicted to an organiser I would think the full sized spy will take one; there will be probably space at the sides though and it has a lot of depth.

Funnily enough someone was pointing out the spy element and they said about hiding the lipstick inside the container, but they missed that when you look in the mirror surreptitiously you can sneak a look at who is behind you and around you and nobody knows it's a mirror...except other Bal freaks like us...lol.

The spy element is just intriguing and fun.

Reactions: decorox
Hello,
I would appreciate some advice please.
I just received a normal size dark green spy bag with navy blue handles today. The condition was not as good as the seller described. The lid of the "wand" won't close and some wear in the corners and the base of the handles. However, it is the color I really want and it was fairly inexpensive. Should I keep it or return it? It was a business seller and it has 30 days return policy.
Many thanks in advance ☺

Hello,
I would appreciate some advice please.
I just received a normal size dark green spy bag with navy blue handles today. The condition was not as good as the seller described. The lid of the "wand" won't close and some wear in the corners and the base of the handles. However, it is the color I really want and it was fairly inexpensive. Should I keep it or return it? It was a business seller and it has 30 days return policy.
Many thanks in advance ☺

It really depends on you and if you can deal with the wear for the price you paid. But don't get something just cos it's cheap if there is something that bothers you. There will always be something else that comes along to buy. For me personally I wouldn't be able to handle the wear you described but it's not me who has the bag. Hope you can come to a decision you are happy with!

Reactions: Foreverbags