Who makes the best suits?

I'm surprised no one has said Nanette Lepore yet!

My vote goes for Nanette Lepore. Her suits are absolutely fabulous, very modern, fun, and quite feminine. The key is in the details, her suits have great details!!

Oh but just a warning, while the jackets/tops are ok, the bottoms run a little big. Other than that, I love her stuff!

I'm not sure how old you are or what your price point is. Or what type of corporate job you're talking about. I wouldn't go too "girly" if you're in a businss environment, unless you're in an arts organization. I think Lepore would work nicely in the arts or non-profit. I wouldn't wear it in finance or legal. Take a look at Escada. They make good quality, flattering clothes that are will make you look serious. Theory is good too--and less expensive--particularly if you're on the younger side. A lot of younger corporate women seem to wear Theory.

wow, i checked out some of these suits you guys suggested, and they're GORGEOUS. i wish i could afford to buy more than one....i think i will head out to the malls this weekend and try on some of these suits in person to see how they fit. secretly i'm hoping the Banana suits fit me well...save a whole load of money!!!!!!! :P

I'm not sure how old you are or what your price point is. Or what type of corporate job you're talking about. I wouldn't go too "girly" if you're in a businss environment, unless you're in an arts organization. I think Lepore would work nicely in the arts or non-profit. I wouldn't wear it in finance or legal. Take a look at Escada. They make good quality, flattering clothes that are will make you look serious. Theory is good too--and less expensive--particularly if you're on the younger side. A lot of younger corporate women seem to wear Theory.

Hmm, that's very helpful to think about. I didn't know it was different for fields like corporate vs. non-profit. I'm 21, about to go into management/strategy consulting, so maybe i'll take your advice (and everyone else's) and check out theory for sure this weekend. Thanks for your advice!! :smile:

higher budget - emporio armani

mid - theory

low to mid - jcrew and banana republic rock!

anything made in HK should be top notch, and the diff fits provided by jcrew and br are unbeatable (e.g. petites) and they do free alterations (I believe) on full price items.