Who makes or sells the best scarves - brands dont matter

viba424

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
I want to find a beautiful, lighweight and soft (never scratchy!) and Im determined to really research this before take the plunge. It would be for warmth, not necessarily to wear with an outfit - basically a good multipurpose fall scarf in a luxe color with minimal or no frills.

First off, European or American made. Thats the only rule.

Its surprisingly hard to find scarves that arent made in China, and Ive been looking for about a month! Does anybody know where to look, or have anything like that they love? Stores or online.

You guys are the experts.

scarf-_square.jpg

I have a gorgeously soft seafoam color scarf from Jones New York that I got for a steal at Dillards, however it was made in India.

But like blushingbaby said, Echo scarfs are great, you can pick them up at Dillards too, but they are Chinese made, and you said you didn't want that.

So...I guess, I didn't help at all! Sorry!

I love Burberry, Missoni, and Liz Claiborne. Any of the above I would recommend for scarves. I have all three and they are fabulous brands! Nice material and great style!

I have a gorgeously soft seafoam color scarf from Jones New York that I got for a steal at Dillards, however it was made in India.

But like blushingbaby said, Echo scarfs are great, you can pick them up at Dillards too, but they are Chinese made, and you said you didn't want that.

So...I guess, I didn't help at all! Sorry!

Sure you helped! Everyones comments really helped. I have some leads now!

I just got stumped, because Ive only purchased really cheap scarves before, and I never knew any brands.

So are Hermes scarves long enough? I dont know if I could do that price, but it would be fun to look. I wouldnt even know where to shop for one.

Pashmina is probably the best fit given you want something soft, lightweight and beautiful. They usually come in really bright colors. Unfortunately a lot of pashmina scarves are handmade in countries such as India or Nepal. So if you really only want scarves from Europe or America then probably cashmere scarves from brands such as Burberry, LV, Hermes would better suit your needs.

Pashmina is probably the best fit given you want something soft, lightweight and beautiful. They usually come in really bright colors. Unfortunately a lot of pashmina scarves are handmade in countries such as India or Nepal. So if you really only want scarves from Europe or America then probably cashmere scarves from brands such as Burberry, LV, Hermes would better suit your needs.

I guess I didnt want to be that picky about where it was made. Lovely things are made in India, etc. What I basically meant was that I wanted to avoid mass manufactured as much as I could.

I like pashmina!

I guess I didnt want to be that picky about where it was made. Lovely things are made in India, etc. What I basically meant was that I wanted to avoid mass manufactured as much as I could.

I like pashmina!

Haha~ =) In that case you have a wide range of brands to select. I personally quite like Bajra scarves.