Who makes Dita von Teese's Coat

Vintage Leather

Bag Lady
O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
As she struts through London in this amazing coat, I've slowly been becoming fascinated by Dita von Teese's coat - the tailoring, the structured waist, the wide fox collar.
Who makes it?
(photos courtesy of the Dita von Teese thread, and by extension JustJared)

attachment.php

attachment.php

It definitely has a Christian Dior vibe - but I haven't seen anything like it on the runways. The waist and pleating is exquisite!
It would be fascinating if it was a Mr. Pearl creation - can you imagine how it would be structured? But I thought that when he did anything other than corsetry/tight lacing it was as a collaborative effort with another designer.
Dita is definitely hard because she wears so many little labels.

Thank you, everyone, for looking! I appreciate it.

On the CL sub-forum it has been ID'ed as from 2007.

2007, but who is the designer?

It definitely has a Christian Dior vibe - but I haven't seen anything like it on the runways. The waist and pleating is exquisite!
It would be fascinating if it was a Mr. Pearl creation - can you imagine how it would be structured? But I thought that when he did anything other than corsetry/tight lacing it was as a collaborative effort with another designer.
Dita is definitely hard because she wears so many little labels.

Thank you, everyone, for looking! I appreciate it.

i agree that dita von teese is difficult. she wears vintage so you never quite know what year/era her clothes are from. and she wears haute couture which i don't follow as i don't buy/can't afford them :lol:

the fur collar looks very like the current season's dior collection. the hip pleats are throwing me off. i feel like i've seen this before, however.

The New York Times just did a "What I Wore" feature on Dita Von Teese. She mentioned this coat (Dec. 11) - sounds like she's had it for a few years. She said it reminds her of Dior. Unfortunately she didn't say who the actual coat designer is. Here is the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/18/fashion/what-dita-von-teese-wore-from-dec-7-to-13.html?ref=fashion

That's odd that she names everything else but the coat. Even the vintage pieces she's says are vintage, and where she bought them. Maybe she had it made? But then also, she names who made other pieces for her, so... :confused1: