Who knew it was my HG?

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
I have been captivated by Rouille since it came out. And then I saw this (2007 Rouille RH Day) and went for it. And then it came and my jaw dropped open. What a phenomenal color! This is the perfect bag for me.

Now the question is, do I keep the Tomato as well? Are they too close?

DSCN2410.jpg

DSCN2413.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/grietjereuter/DSCN2413.jpg

Not everyone will notice you carry different bag if you wear them separately. So if you want to diversify your closet, you can let one go.

But....

If you love both and can keep them, just keep them ;) They're not the same bag and you know it. ;)

crikey - the leather on the rouille looks gorgeous! I love the tomato colour too tho! Only keep both if you think you will use them...I bet you will just reach for the rouille now!

the colors are different, but as already said, not everbody will notice that 'cause it is also the same style... if you use both keep them, if not let one go and get another style /color instead :biggrin: ah, yeah, i would keep the rouille, it awesome!

Congratulations, what a stunning bag! I adore rouille, once owned an 07 rouille day too (still have a rouille shopper and courier). I'd wait and see but I definitely think you can use both bags. They are quite different and if you love red than you'll reach for both.

Do you currently have any other Bals in your collection?

Keep both, of course. There are people with many green Bals & many blue Bals & so on, big Bal collections of just one shade or color family. These two are great companions. Besides, at home you can keep them next to each other, the pair will make you smile whenever you see them!

I would keep both if you can. I have both colors and I think they are quite different. And both are beautiful and not easy to come by. Tomato is my favorite red and Rouille is a gorgeous rust, so again, I think they are quite different.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

meregirl, the leather on the Rouille is rather spectacular isn't it?

drati--Besides the two shown, I have the following SS07 Black RH Day, FW07 Vert Fonce RH Brief, SS08 EB RH Day, and SS08 Sahara RH Day (well, for now-long story I use the Days as my weekend/casual/travel bag. The Brief does go to work. I've learned the Day is the best Bal style for me as for work, I prefer something a bit more structured.

Since I don't need cash and nothing else is on my watch list (well, that's today), I'm inclined to keep Ms. Tomato for the time being even though I think I will always reach for the Rouille. This is my second Tomato--got one when it first came out, sold it a while later and missed it terribly and found another. You're right, Tmitch, tomato is one of the best reds ever by any designer!