Who is the "administrator"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVDon

Jun 5, 2009
Earlier today I started a thread asking if anyone new of a good resource to buy sell or trade authentic Louis Vuitton items. I was then told by a member of the forum that I should review the rules- implying that I had broken them. Later the thread was blocked by an administrator. I am a law student and proceeded to read the rules with extreme diligence. Maybe my reading ability is sub par but I didn't break any rules by asking that question.

I would just like to know what constitutes the "locking" of a thread and also insist that members and administrators of the forum read threads before making comments or locking them.

If I'm wrong please educate me. I am new to the forum and never tried to advertise and item or make any attempt to sell or trade on the site. I was simply asking a question that I would think many members would also be interested in that is directly related to our interest and admiration for Louis Vuitton. I would like to be a helpful member of the site and wish to offend no one and follow all of the sites rules and guidelines. Thank you.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have reviewed them.. thoroughly. What rule did I break??

I don't know since I didn't read your thread. However, if any post hints at selling an item, it will be shut down by the Moderators.

Also... review the FAQ section that is listed at the bottom of the tPF webpage:
http://forum.purseblog.com/faq.php

Scroll to the bottom of the FAQ page and you'll see something about General Forum usage for tPF and then a list of the Moderators for tPF (mod names are in gold).

You are not the first person to ask where you can sell stuff, etc. and you won't be the last person. But, tPF is very strict when it comes to any hints at selling.

Last edited:
This was my the text of my thread verbatim:

"This may be a stupid question but pardon my ignorance: Is their a for sale or more specifically a for trade forum that exist for private Louis Vuitton owners?"

I was simply asking a question. I have since found out that the forum does indeed have its own section just for buying, selling, and trading called the "tPF Marketplaza." Instead of locking my post any member or one of the all-knowing administrators could have easily directed me to this.

Yes, you were just asking a very common question, but the mods will generally say review the rules. They do not have time to point out every single thing to a newcomer. However, with a little bit of exploring (and using the search function), you'll be able to find "the rules".

I wouldn't get too offended. This forum has a lot of members. You learn as you go.... but when in doubt , do a search if you have a particular question and you'll probably find that the question has been answered previously. Threads do get locked here and there and it happens to everyone! Even long time members of tPF.

tPF is a great forum!!

Best thing is to go to your closed thread, see which mod closed it and message/ask him/her specifically.

I think LV is one of or the largest designer forum on TPF. With so many people (regulars and people who just pop in) and so many fakes, the potential for problems is great. Your post, however innocent, could be viewed as an indirect way to let everyone know you want to sell something. It could prompt offers to purchase your Roadster, which you mentioned in another thread, or anything else you may want to get rid of and it could lead to a buying/selling transaction on TPF. You'd be surprised at the offers you can get (via messaging) by simply participating on TPF on a regular basis and with no mention of selling. If I were a mod, I would have closed your thread also & directed you to the marketplace rules.

Like peace43 said, don't be offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.