Who is behind atelier naff ?

LP--I agree with everyone else's comments! You and your site rock! I also love your sense of humor. Your comments on the "naff" link on your site are a great example--I always am in stitches whenever I read them.

Well, as always I'm late to the party!
I :heart: LouiseyPeasey - her blog guided me through my first terrifying purchase, and every other one since; she always replied very kindly to all the questions I threw her way.
LP, thank you from the bottom of my shallow greedy little heart!!

OOPS sorry LP, I guess I got some misinformation along the way... but it still lead me to the wealth of knowledge availble on this forum that ensured my first bbag was a real one! GREAT JOB :heart:

I, too, used to think Baghunter was LP and then I think someone corrected me, but I can't remember who it was.

LP's blog is not only the only Blog in my Favorites, but it's the only blog I ever read--and I read A LOT--just not most blogs...I also tell everyone I run into, who expresses any sort of interest in b'bags, about it.

Okay ... two things:
  1. This may sound blasphemous, but to me ... ateliernaff is the BIBLE!!! Like so many of the rest of you, I consult it frequently - it has been a godsend in SO many ways.
  2. However, I feel I have to mention those who came before ateliernaff, such as DudeILoveYou who wrote the original "Guide to Buying Balenciaga Online" document many years ago and helped many of us old-timers (and I'm not talking age-wise here - I'm talking about those of us who were into & purchasing B-Bags in the "early" days) B-Bag fans. Had it not been for Dude, I would have probably bought one of those high-priced pleather fakes that you see on those links that pop up on the right-hand side of the screen after doing a Google search!

^ CeeJay did you ever refer to TheBagHunter blog I referred to pg 4? He/she was very helpful, they would post links to authentic Bbags on the blog. I used to LOVE that one!

Yet nothing has compared to atelier.naff, it's incredible! You could publish it LP!

LP - I have used your site many names and it has been a huge resource to me. Nothing wrong w/ being obssessed w/ b-bags or any other bags for that matter!

Thanks for the kudos everyone, it's very sweet. :shame: I'm giggling my head off at highgloss and echo's guesses.

1) not in the bag industry, but would love to be if anyone knows of any high-salary no-experience openings...

2) have small closets but have given over part of my office - who needs a professional library anyway?

3) my ff miles come primarily from charging bbags on my credit cards, and then I use them to go to Paris

4) I'm in a design field, though not fashion

5) I'm generally known for being a crankypuss, and I'm also very shy

6) true.

I've said it before - you'd be very disappointed in the real LouiseyPeasey - no glamour here. To be honest, I created atelier.naff because a) I had the domain name, b) I cannot remember details to save my life, so if I didn't write it all down I'd be lost, c) I'm a big proponent of sharing information, and d) I'm a teeny-tiny bit obsessive (shut up). But I never in a million years thought it would get the attention it has (see #5 above).

^ CeeJay did you ever refer to TheBagHunter blog I referred to pg 4? He/she was very helpful, they would post links to authentic Bbags on the blog. I used to LOVE that one!

Yet nothing has compared to atelier.naff, it's incredible! You could publish it LP!

No ... my first "introduction" to Balenciaga was through a friend who works retail (at Barneys NY). She LOVED the bags and then got me hooked. When I started to see them pop up on eBay, I wondered whether or not they were the "real deal". I knew that fake L/V's were being sold on eBay so I thought "uh oh ... better educate yourself" and that was the impetus behind buying Dude's guide.

Now ... an interesting tidbit about "publishing" any type of Guide, etc. According to a post on the Fashion Spot, the thought was that Dude stopped selling the Guide (on/off eBay) because of problems with either eBay or Balenciaga re: violation of copyright laws. Obviously, ateliernaff isn't in violation, but if she were selling or representing herself as an "expert", then it could pose a problem.

Ceejay, that was indeed just a rumor. When I asked dude, the one time I bought a bag from her, she told me she stopped selling the guide because there was no point in selling a guide about real & fake Balenciaga's once the word was already out on forums like tfs (and now here) and the whole point was to enlighten people. Thankfully, we are now enlightened, much more than most of us were back in the day. :smile: