Who inspired your LV obsession/collection?

A woman I saw at a medical conference a few years back. Head to toe white multicolor. I didn't even know what LV stood for. But she stood for "success" to me. The definition of success to me was to buy one of these bags!!! Finally, one day I did. I don't know who she was, but she definitely was my inspiration....

I got exposed very young by my mom's friends..but I thought at first...what interesting looking bags...

But I got inspired by so many ladies carring them...I thought...this purse must be good for all these lovely, tasteful ladies to have them....

It makes me feel good that LVs been around for so long and have been carried by so many different ladies....it makes me feel apart of something good...:smile: Not to mention that they have the only pattern that I love.....

LVs ROCK!!!!!!!!!!:love:

once i knew i was going to be staying home as a mom, and no longer working much, i decided to sell my coach bags and buy one nice bag- a bag that wouldn't go out of style. i decided on louis vuitton because i knew that i would not be buying more bags in the future and an lv would stand the test of time. who knew i'd fall in love with these bags, fall into a crowd of enablers, and my cc would fall out so often to buy more...

my grandma had one when i was very young, so she started it off. then, when i was old enough to understand handbags, it was jessica simpson. seeing how happy her bags made her made me want to own one...

The first time I saw LV (mono) I didn't like it at ALL.

Fast forward 20 years to last May when I joined tPF...yep, I have you guys to thank for inspiring/corrupting me! :yahoo: I found this forum b/c I was looking for info on an Isabella Fiore hobo I was considering purchasing, and sheesh, lo and behold I now have 7 (!) LVs along with a ton more other designers.

I remember seeing one of my coworkers with this beautiful bag and I asked her what it was and she was like "It's Louis Vuitton!" I paid 600 for it..I was very shocked at the price but then I saw my mom's friends wearing a Black MC Alma and then I was officially hooked. I should email my ex coworker and send her pictures of my speedy.. :-0)