Who, If ANYONE, Can Buy You LV?

Nov 27, 2009
I don't mean pay for it, I mean go to the store, go online, pick it out, get it to you?

Who would know you well enough to buy you something that you trust their judgment in knowing the style / image you are going for, your likes and preferences in types, sizes, colors, textures, etc?

Has your BF, Husband, Significant Other, ever bought you a expensive LV, bright, open wide eyes, smiling with gleeful anticipation of your reaction and you get it and go "I LOVE IT" but are thinking "OH PLEASE GOD, LET THERE BE A RECEIPT IN THIS DAM* THING?" lol lol

SO. He has very good taste and we pretty much like the same type of bags for me. He knows that I like shoulder bags that's not too big for my frame but big enough to carry ALL of my stuff (and his lol). He's bought me bags/things that I wouldn't buy myself but I end up really loving. Not to mention I can rock anything, in my mind lol

I've also tested him in case of emergencies lol. I would show him several bags and ask him which one would I like and passed with flying colors!

Last edited:
No one not even my husband of 16 years. I am very picky to say the least and I am much happier if I am able to spend that few hours in the boutique deciding. Not only that I usually look on line first the go to the boutique compare and look. Stalk you tube videos. Sleep on it then return to buy or order online. Buying a bag for me is a process. It is not like when I bought coach I went to the store looked and bought - not the same with a Louie mainly because of the price! I need to be completely sure and satisfied with my purchase. No one can do that for me. 😔

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

No one not even my husband of 16 years. I am very picky to say the least and I am much happier if I am able to spend that few hours in the boutique deciding. Not only that I usually look on line first the go to the boutique compare and look. Stalk you tube videos. Sleep on it then return to buy or order online. Buying a bag for me is a process. It is not like when I bought coach I went to the store looked and bought - not the same with a Louie mainly because of the price! I need to be completely sure and satisfied with my purchase. No one can do that for me. 😔

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I agree, I LOVE to impulse buy and when I am spending $200 or less, I will, if I change my mind, not out a lot of money and always someone I can surprise "gift" so it is all good. When I am spending money on LV, it tends to be a tad more expensive, even for this Vintage / Used / eBay shopper. lol

SO. He has very good taste and we pretty much like the same type of bags for me. He knows that I like shoulder bags that's not too big for my frame but big enough to carry ALL of my stuff (and his lol). He's bought me bags/things that I wouldn't buy myself but I end up really loving. Not to mention I can rock anything, in my mind lol

I've also tested him in case of emergencies lol. I would show him several bags and ask him which one would I like and passed with flying colors!

Lol.. Same here ❤️

I usually buy my own bags, shoes and SLGs but my hubby has surprised me with a couple of items and I loved them. He's familiar with my taste probably because I force him to watch unboxing videos of the bags etc that I want on YouTube with me lol!

I usually buy my own bags, shoes and SLGs but my hubby has surprised me with a couple of items and I loved them. He's familiar with my taste probably because I force him to watch unboxing videos of the bags etc that I want on YouTube with me lol!

Yea my SO has had his share of "oh look at this" lol

He has no choice but to know what I like!

My DH. We always discuss my bags & wardrobe, we might not always agree but it's huge fun to go through different bags & searching for bags. He loves the hunt, I love the bags lolol