Who here was looking for a Chocolate (ebene) Birkin?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. THank you for posting that Japster! I am definitely one of the girls looking for a chocolate birkin! But cannot buy right this second, otherwise, this one is GORGEOUS!

Question for all the ladies with courcheval and/or togo- which do you prefer- togo or this leather? Pros and cons???

2. Wow they have a new bag on jemznjewels? Gotta check out the site. I like looking at their offerings.

3. well togo is softer more squishy while courchevel is the leather that was replaced by epsom. it is a structured thinner pressed leather that holds its shape quite well(some don´t like the feel of it though) and colours appear lighter on it as you can see here ebene on togo is brown-black like ebony and here it i milkchocolate.

4. Agreed, Nathansgirl! AND she's got a few nice Constance bags too. The only thing I wish she'd do is update her site more often. She's got bags on there that I KNOW have been sold already....just get's me drooling too much, you know?

I saw that Chocolate Birkin too last night....very, very pretty!

5. Thank you Lilach!!!:flowers: I think I prefer the chocolate in togo- just looks richer!

6. I agree, Lilach....I'm not a fan of Epson leather and still on the fence about Corchevel at the moment. I'd like to see it IRL.....

7. I think this is a beautiful bag, but I prefer the color on togo as well. It is so true that you need to see these bags in person.

8. The problem I have with courchevel is that with time, it tended to separate from its lining and air bubbles would sometimes form.

9. Japster, what a lovely Birkin - the Courchevel was replaced by Epsom a couple of years ago which holds up better than Courchevel (probs with wear on corners on the Courchevel). Epsom is a lovely leather and initially the chocolate on Epsom (not courchevel) is almost matt in appearance.

This bag however is not Ebene in my view, it looks more like chocolate - Ebene is a much darker colour, almost black/brown depending on the leather. Here's a couple of examples - the first one is an Ebene Clemence 30cm which I have not yet listed and the second is a Ebene Barenia Picotin MM .... both leathers are of course different, however they have both captured the dye in the true Ebene hue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. That's a beautiful Birkin flossy!!

11. Thanks Whispa, only managed to get around to taking the photos last night - hope to list in the next week or so .... I now have this exact same Birkin in the 35cm which I prefer for my needs

The colour really is TD4, I adore ebene

12. OMG! Flossy, I love love love your ebene clemence - it is soo rich! THank you for posting those pics- you are always so helpful!

13. flossy - please let us know when you list it! :o)

14. I think you are right. I have seen both in person and I agree...By the way...wow georgeous bags love them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice