Who has Mulberries in their closet that don't get used???

Think I am totally weird actually. I'd love 2 of all my Mulberry bags- one to use, and one to sit pristine in my cupboard as a 'back-up' !!!!

Hahaha!!! Me too!!! But the reason I got the Elgin was to be a workhorse,and I chose it initially over the Chloe' Paddy which I did'nt think would stand up to the job. At £800 I was'nt prepared to find out the hard way!!! I think thats why I am a bit abusive with poor old Elgin,as thats why he's here!! But still handsome as ever I have to say!!:love:

Popping up again like a sage old auntie! You can use nourisher on Darwin. Colonill protects it from the weather but the nourisher feeds the leather and keeps it supple. Mulberry do sell one. All you need is a cream one, slap it on, leave it for a while and then buff it off. I use it on all my bags - glove & darwin - and they def benefit from it. Personally I don't think Colonill is enough on its own.
I was once at SM and put my bag on the counter while I paid. The SA turned to me and said 'that bag needs some nourisher!'

Popping up again like a sage old auntie! You can use nourisher on Darwin. Colonill protects it from the weather but the nourisher feeds the leather and keeps it supple. Mulberry do sell one. All you need is a cream one, slap it on, leave it for a while and then buff it off. I use it on all my bags - glove & darwin - and they def benefit from it. Personally I don't think Colonill is enough on its own.
I was once at SM and put my bag on the counter while I paid. The SA turned to me and said 'that bag needs some nourisher!'

Do you know what the leather nourisher is called - want to get hold of some!

I've got a Mulberry one, it came with one of my bags. You can buy nourisher from bag depts in places like John Lewis. You can't go wrong as long as it's a cream and it's colourless.
I'll rummage around and find my Mulberry one and post the details about it asap.

D'y know that makes perfect sense!! When I originally swapped my blenheim I was given a little pot of cream to go with the choco darwin,the sa told me to use it every couple of months. When I got the Roxy,I asked for another pot as one did'nt seem to be forthcoming and I thought I was told that you got a free one with every new bag? Anyhow,horrified sa says to use Collinil only(was I asleep for that meeting?what did I miss???) So I am going to use the cream to feed the leather and seal it in with Collinil,as that makes much better sense,sorted.:tup:

Yes - must say i was told to only use collonil but leather nourisher does kinda make sense BUT would it significantly darken oak darwin???

Actually I think it might,it sounds as though it would,and I've never used cream on the Elgin,only Collinil.But Sarajanes right,there are'nt any nourishing ingredients in Collinil. Best wait till Sarajane skims along again and see what she says,she has a couple of pale bags like her olive phoebe she'll know from already doing them.

Less of the old, you two! Actually I was catching up on Spooks and scaring myself senseless!
The nourisher won't darken an oak bag. I use it on everything including my cream bag. It's colourless so it just gives it a bit of a sheen and makes it look more, well, nourished!
I've used it ever since I got a right telling off at Mulberry because my congo Helier was so uncared for. The SA was right, I've used nourisher ever since and it still looks good now & it's about 15 yrs old.

:bump:

Hope it's ok to bump this thread - I know its over a year old but I was just wondering about caring for Mulberrys...does Colonill work on every colour/kind of leather and do people use a cream to nourish their bags?? Sj do you still do this?? If so could you tell me which one as there are so many around! I'm thinking about my oak bays and lavender ledbury...I don't want to darken them just nourish them!