Who has gone to LV parties?

luv2shophandbag

Shallow & Obsessed
Feb 5, 2007
Hmm... Good Question
I have always sort of ignored the party invites...but this one...I am planning on going so my 10 year old son can meet Buzz Aldrin.

So...my question is...for those of you who have gone to the parties...how are they? Are they hard sells?

I have every intention of buying the book for my son, but I don't really think I will buy any of the new collection items they are showcasing.

What have your experiences been???

By the way, this party is in the afternoon...so I wonder if it will be more relaxed than the "cocktail" parties???

euroaddict

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
I've been to hand full of them and they're quite fun. I wouldn't worry about not buying anything because that's what these parties are usually to reveal the new collection to us clients. Because technically it's the first time we're supposed to be seeing the collection, doesn't mean that we will like anything. (It's like saying that when buyers go to fashion shows to see what a designer has to offer for a season they have to order stock. It just isn't true; if they don't like the styles then they won't order.)

If your son is under 21, I would double check if he can come because they usually serve alcohol at LV events. At most LV events I've been to here in San Francisco, they check ID before you can enter because of this.

Have a good time!

freshmess

Aug 19, 2007
Oslo, Norway
The one I attended with Patrick Louis Vuitton as a guest, there was no hard-selling whatsoever. It's fun mingling with other guests and the SAs at a more social setting. Free champagne, canapes and chocolates don't hurt either. :P

Alexis168

Haters suck
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
USA
I went to the Stephen Sprouse Event this year and it was fun. There were music, food, champagne and informal modelling. No hard sell. Just go and and have fun with your son. I'm sure he'll be thrill to see Buzz Aldrin.

shoegirl1975

My baby is 3!
Oct 2, 2006
USA
The events I have attended, there hasn't been pressure to buy anything. In fact, a couple of events were so busy it would have been hard to try things on and actually shop!

I'd go and have fun!

berrycraig

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
One of the times I was in the Nashville store they were setting up for an event. People were bringing in flowers and other stuff. My SA told me he would've invited my mom and I, but I'm only 16, and alcohol is served. I can't wait to go to one eventually! :yes:

luv2shophandbag

Shallow & Obsessed
Feb 5, 2007
Hmm... Good Question
Took my 10 year old to the book signing and you were all right..NO hard sell...really no sell at all, actually! Perhaps because I was with my son? I did see one or two SA's getting out bags to show to customers, but I'm not even sure which bags were showcased! Very low key..very nice! :biggrin:

ShyShy

O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
I actually went to a few in the beginning but found them to be too crowded. Any preview or store opening type ones I rarely go now unless there is something I am extremely interested in. The only special invite I enjoyed (which was only sent to a few people, hence less crowded) was when they flew one of their French artisans in to show us how our bags were being made and stitched up. I had a go at stitching and thought it to be so much fun.

blaair_w

Jan 12, 2009
I've been invited to a few of them and I haven't been able to go.. I hope I get invited to another to attend! So my advice is to GO :smile: its a new experience