Who has downsized their collection and now have less than 5 bags?

How come you're downsizing? Sometimes I feel guilty when I see how much I have. I've sold off so much just so I can acquire a few dream LV bags but I have noticed my collection is so much smaller than before. It swells and shrinks according to my current obsession.....

Interested to see what other people have to say....:nuts:

I've sold many of my other bags over the years and I have exactly 5 bags now....2 Coach, 1 Balenciaga, 1 Louis Vuitton and 1 Marc Jacobs. I almost had 6 this week (a MBYMJ Sloane) but I returned it because it wasn't what I thought it would be. I'm still on the lookout for a red bag but other than that, I'm really ok with what I have. I love looking at everyone elses bags and I do obsess once in a while but then after a few days the obsession subsides. Thank goodness!!! :smile:

I wish...I can't sell the nwt ones I have on the Forum...and I really need to let some of them go! It's a definite sickness...I was never this bad before I joined 17 months ago! Yikes! :wtf:

I only have 3 bags that are "pricey" 2 Coach 1 Chanel. The rest of my bags are 60 and under. I have downsized my closet including bags 3 times in the past 2 years so I see nothing wrong with downsizing.

I am down to 4 bags, but I don't have any high end bags. The bags I tossed were all cheapie bags that I had before I really knew what I wanted handbag wise. So I purged what I didn't want(my niece wanted a few of them, so I gave them to her) and now I am down to 3 bags on hand and my HH Marlowe on the way.

My collection keeps growing and growing...

I have some bags that I have outgrown and are pretty much all new. They are TANOS, some Hayden Harnetts, COle Haans. I need to find new homes for those.

I did it in February, I had a major closet clearance. Why? Pressure from DH and my 2 dd's. I did very good, I was down to 5! from 24. Guess what? I got 3 Chanels in late March. I'm an addict, I stop for a little while only to start again...
I need rehab.
CHeers,

I knew this wasn't the best forum to ask the question. I guess I asked this question because I'm starting to get frustrated with all the excess of material things I have, like bags, for one. My ultimate goal is to sell my bags and just hold on to 2 or 3 bags. If I decide I want another, then I would have to sell one of the ones I already have. I don't know...I'm trying to be less of a packrat, I suppose....

yes i have (to 6), but mainly because i've recently gotten into hermes and they're considerably more expensive than the previous chanels & pradas that I had. I do planning on selling another Balenciaga in the near future.

I downsized my bag collection to about 5 or 6 a few years ago. Now the number is up again. Once I got rid of all my ratty old purses, some I had truly had for 25 years, I discovered the world of high-end bags. I don't think it's possible for me to get rid of any bags at this point because I love all the ones I have. I wish I could go back to those days when I never had more than 1 purse at a time but I don't think that's going to happen.

Brownpaperbag - when downsizing, I think of things like:

-How much I can get from selling it
-How much I use the bag
-How much I LIKE the bag
-If it is readily available (so that if I do sell it and miss it, I can get it again)

But definitely the #1 thing I think about is money... because thats usually the reason I downsize.