WHO has Boobies ??

sweetk

mildly obsessed
Mar 24, 2008
and what are they for??? i don't get it .. i know that they are loved, but why? i've always thought they looked a bit.. i dunno, strange?

but the more i see pics of them elongating straps etc, the more my curiosity is piqued!

maybe they are great?

when/why did they originate and are they intended to extend bbag straps or just used for decoration or different reasons or what?

Why do you love them??

WHY are they called BOOBIES

and what are they for??? i don't get it .. i know that they are loved, but why? i've always thought they looked a bit.. i dunno, strange?

but the more i see pics of them elongating straps etc, the more my curiosity is piqued!

maybe they are great?

when/why did they originate and are they intended to extend bbag straps or just used for decoration or different reasons or what?

Why do you love them??

WHY are they called BOOBIES

THEY ARE FANTASTIC; LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!! So, let me begin:

1. Not sure of the 'why' they were created; I believe that they came out the same time as a movie which featured the Aviator (also called "Helmut" bag) which had a Boobie attached to it. [For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the move - Gwyneth Paltrow was in it.]
  2. They were not originally called "Boobies", but referred to as "Planets" or "Pods" .. not quite sure how the Boobie name came about, but it certainly stuck!
  3. There are actually 2 kinds .. the "regular" Boobie/Pod which can be clipped to your bag -or- the "extender" Boobie which has clips on multiple sides (typically used with the Shoulder Bag to elongate the strap.
  4. They are FUNCTIONAL .. I use mine all the time (as a matter of fact, I feel kind of lost without one!). Remember, they have 2 separate sides .. so, I store change on one side, and lip gloss and other little sundry items on the other side. When I was overseas, I would carry British coin on one side and Euro coin on the other (since I was going back & forth from London <-> Paris/Amsterdam).
  5. Since they were made in the same colors as the bags, oftentimes people will try to match them up (e.g., Chocolate City with a Chocolate Boobie). However, I like to mix it up a bit too, paring a Red Boobie with a blue bag .. I like the contrast!
Here's a pic of my 2010 Lt. Olive RH PT with an '05 Dolma Boobie! If you look through my Boobies thread, you'll see lots of example of the various colors and combinations that I've put together throughout the years! ENJOY!!
IMG_2725.jpg

I have a black 05 boobie that has been with me longer than any of my other Bals. it is used as my change purse and gets clipped to the back of any bag I carry. I too would be completely lost without it.

I would be so embarassed to go into a Bal or Balenciaga counter-thingy and ask to buy a boobie from the SA... :blush:

But they're cute - maybe it's something I'll have to bite the bullet and do one day. Size-wise, how do they compare to MFF charms?

Cait said:
I would be so embarassed to go into a Bal or Balenciaga counter-thingy and ask to buy a boobie from the SA... :blush:

But they're cute - maybe it's something I'll have to bite the bullet and do one day. Size-wise, how do they compare to MFF charms?

Nah .. no need to be embarrassed!! Unfortunately, they are no longer made. There was a special edition made in 2009; I think they stopped production in 2006/2007.