Who Has an eBay Store?

I have an ebay store for invitations and wedding favor tags. But when you sell, you also have to list things via auctions otherwise you won't get any traffic to your store.

Great subject! I was wondering about the FVF and noticed they were higher.
So if you have an ebay store, how do you do the regular auctions? Is this two different accounts? Are you charged the regular auction listings as well as your store listings?
TIA!

Well like I said. The items that I sell are muliple quantities, plus I have a huge inventory. So it works better for me if I have both. I usually list about 20 auction/fived value listings a week. In addition to the items I sell in my store. I did notice that since I started, my profit isn't like it used to be due to the fact that ebay is sneaky and justs decides to hike up their fees whenever they feel like it.

Great subject! I was wondering about the FVF and noticed they were higher.
So if you have an ebay store, how do you do the regular auctions? Is this two different accounts? Are you charged the regular auction listings as well as your store listings?
TIA!

No, same account. You can move items from "Store inventory" out to auction or Fixed Price (which automatically ends the store listing) and, if it doesn't sell at auction or Fixed Price, you can move it back into your store. The store listing fee (about $0.10/30 days) starts over again each time you move an item into the store, and you are charged "normal" listing fees each time you move an item out of your store and into auction or fixed price.

No, same account. You can move items from "Store inventory" out to auction or Fixed Price (which automatically ends the store listing) and, if it doesn't sell at auction or Fixed Price, you can move it back into your store. The store listing fee (about $0.10/30 days) starts over again each time you move an item into the store, and you are charged "normal" listing fees each time you move an item out of your store and into auction or fixed price.

Thanks Rally. Another question, if I look at a sellers items and they appear as a regular/normal auction and they also appear in their ebay store, does that mean they have 2 of the items, or can you place one item in two places?

Thanks Rally. Another question, if I look at a sellers items and they appear as a regular/normal auction and they also appear in their ebay store, does that mean they have 2 of the items, or can you place one item in two places?
Well, it is supposed to mean they have more than one item, and usually does. Buy either one; the Seller is obigated to sell it to you. We have seen otems listed at auction, at Fixed Price, and in Store Inventory, all at different prices, and have bought the lowest price. Never a problem.

No guarantees, of course. Some sellers don't seem to quite "get it." For that matter, some Buyers don'ts seem to "get it." I think it is a two way street. I see Sellers ( including us) complaining about Buyers, and Buyers complaining (usually in the "Authenticate This" sections) about Sellers. The truth is there is good and evil on all sides.

As Sellers we are dealing, right now, with three Buyers who are impossible (one sent us back a fake wallet, ripped apart, in place of the authentic, new wallet we sent her, the second claiming that, after buying the bag Buy It Now, "doesn't care for it anymore" and wanting her money back --- like this is not Nordstrom's! --- and the third claiming the bag we sold her is fake ----------------FOUR MONTHS AFTER SHE BOUGHT & PAID FOR IT, AND FOUR MONTHS AFTER SHE LEFT POSITIVE FEEDBACK -------- excuse us, but 4 months is a long time, don't you think? At this point, what bag, exactly, is she talking about? 'Scuse the rant =)

I interviewed Ms. Giovanni at my community college one year. It was a pleasure she is an amazing woman. I can only imagine what it must be like to be her pupil and I can only imagine what kind of university VA Tech is to have someone such as herself as a professor. God Blass everyone at Virginia Tech, our hearts are with you.

God Bless Virginia Tech
and all the HOKIES!

Virginia Tech Alumni - Class of '01
sad.gif

"We are sad today, and we will be sad for quite a while. We are not moving on. We are embracing our mourning. We are Virginia Tech .......We are the Hokies! We will prevail, we will prevail! We are Virginia Tech!"
-- Nikki Giovanni, University Distinguished Professor, poet, activist

I love having a store ! If you sell just one item for at least the cost of the store ... you have covered your monthly store fee. The FVF are now very much the same as the FVF for an auction .
you get a month free trial - give it a try :smile:
mary

wow great blog!! thanks to all the ebays with store experience for sharing it.. it is so helpful to hear truthful opinions rather than trying to understand the "quick and easy" guides on ebay..

I know this may be a little hard to answer but does anyone have an idea of how much more the FVF is for stores.. would you say it is about double what you pay for the reg. auctions?

also so basically you are charged 15.95 a month to have a store.. and a $.10 listing fee for 30 days.. (plus the regular ebay auctions)??

Copied this of the eBay Help page. There really is a big difference in FVF on Store sales! :wtf:

Final Value Fees: eBay Store
Closing Price
Final Value Fee
Item not sold
No Fee
US$0.01 - US$25.00
10.00% of the closing price
US$25.01 - US$100.00
10.00% of the initial US$25.00 (US$2.50), plus 7.00% of the remaining closing value balance
US$100.01 - US$1,000.00
10.00% of the initial US$25.00 (US$2.50), plus 7.00% of the initial US$25.01 – US$100.00 (US$5.25), plus 5.00% of the remaining closing value balance US$100.01 – US$1,000.00
Over US$1,000.01
10.00% of the initial US$25.00 (US$2.50), plus 7.00% of the initial US$25.01 – US$100.00 (US$5.25), plus 5.00% of the initial US$100.01 – US$1,000.00 (US$45.00), plus 3.00% of the remaining closing value balance (US$1,000.01-closing value)

Final Value Fees: Auction/BIN/Best OfferClosing Price
Final Value Fee
Item not sold
No Fee
$0.01 - $25.00
5.25% of the closing value
$25.01 - $1,000.00
5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 3.25% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00)
Equal to or Over $1000.01
5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 3.25% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 ($31.69), plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1000.01 - closing value)