Who has adopted a 4 leg baby?

We also brought home a new family member this summer. Back in January I lost my beloved dog to cancer and the house has been so empty ever since. Our furbaby is larger now but this is what he looked like back in June. Being home has definitely helped with his training since I have more time to work with him.

View attachment 4852348
Those paws!!
View attachment 4852366
finally a in focus pic with open eyes. !!!
The coloring!!
This is my baby, Lucy. She joined our family in June. ❤

View attachment 4854446
Attitude! Yess!
My sister’s family rehomed a dog in June. A big factor was the fact that everyone in the house was at home meant it wouldn’t be in a crate all day. My 9 year-old nephew was over the moon. When I said wow, this is your dream come true, he replied earnestly, yes, I have wanted a dog since I was born!:smile:

Is he an Australian sheepdog?

He’s a Miniature American Shepherd, which is the scaled down version of the Aussie. After having larger dogs for many years, including Aussies, I decided it was time for a somewhat smaller dog but I still loved the Aussie personality. Miniature American Shepherds don’t get any larger than 18 inches tall and 30 lbs.

I will most likely be off work (pandemic) till next Spring. And we decided this was the best time to devote 100% to a new family member. This is SO much work! and funny thing is I just got a brand new lamb skin bag. That bag is on a high shelf. I could just imagine the sharp little puppy teeth :heart: :heart: :heart: loving that bag oh so tenderly.:lol::whut:

I will most likely be off work (pandemic) till next Spring. And we decided this was the best time to devote 100% to a new family member. This is SO much work! and funny thing is I just got a brand new lamb skin bag. That bag is on a high shelf. I could just imagine the sharp little puppy teeth :heart: :heart: :heart: loving that bag oh so tenderly.:lol::whut:

Yes, I have had to hide everything that is the least bit delicate. It doesn’t take long for those tiny mouths full of razors to destroy. :biggrin:

A happy couple of strays started frequenting my backyard and of course, the lady was pregnant. She gave birth to three kittens in June and three weeks ago, it was gotcha day. Mom and the three babies had their first vet visit and started on the road to spoiled indoor cat life. I’m still working on getting the dad. Do I have too many cats? Is that even a thing? Whatever. I’m happy and so are they.

371D74C4-4CE3-4620-A211-5FD74744887F.jpeg