Who has a Wii and....?

margaritaxmix

Apr 5, 2007
And gets totally sore after playing sports or something on it???

I just got a Wii [dad bought it] and I played about 10 games of tennis and 1 round of boxing and some golf two days ago and I'm STILL sore. Oy. Who knew video games could be so tiring??

But truthfully, I prefer the Wii to all the other gaming systems b/c this does force you to get active... :sweatdrop:

What a workout...does anyone think that playing on the Wii regularly will make you lose weight?? I hope so LOL. That would make it easy and fun for me! If only I could lift my arm enough, I'd go play again right now..but I think I need a bit of a break.. :Push:

Anyways, can't wait till the DDR game for Wii comes out next month...then I can REALLY get the workout going.

Any thoughts/opinions about your Wii?

We have a Wii and LOVE it....my in laws were over and playing it about 6 months ago and loved it so much we have been on the hunt to get one for them for their birthdays (which are only about 10 days apart)...we finally found one, just in time and gave it to them on Saturday...they were so excited, it was very cute!

I'm addicted to the "working the bag" training on boxing. I can't stop until I've beaten my last score and it really makes my arms hurt the next day!

This is an interesting read http://wiinintendo.net/2007/01/15/wii-sports-experiment-results/

Ohh! I saw that training thing and I totally am going to try it! Sounds like a killer... :Push:

Shoulder's feeling a bit better, but definitely am gonna stretch next time before I play sports on the Wii. :sweatdrop:

Thanks for posting that article link! I read it and WOW! If I could lose 9 pounds just from playing on the Wii, that'd be GREAT! This actually makes exercising/fitness fun, so I could totally go for that!

the wii is killer. total tennis elbow! after i first got it (xmas) i couldnt even help with cleaning up the rest of the week. my husband was piiiiised lol. my right arm was totally dead!

can I jump in here!?
My DD wants one for Christmas, what all is MUST HAVE so we're not w/o something really important Christmas morning?
Are these still hard to find? I saw them at Game Stop {or something like that} at the mall this evening. Should I snatch one if I see one?

can I jump in here!?
My DD wants one for Christmas, what all is MUST HAVE so we're not w/o something really important Christmas morning?
Are these still hard to find? I saw them at Game Stop {or something like that} at the mall this evening. Should I snatch one if I see one?

Swanky Mama, i would definitely get one if you see it now. I spent months trying to get one and I know they have not gotten any easier to get around here.

I feel like I've been run over by a truck after I got several rounds of boxing and when I bowl, I won't quit until I beat my previous score, so I usually end up paying for it the following few days.:oh: