Who felt the IL Earthquake?

ggk84

O.G.
Apr 2, 2006
It was not a huge earthquake but it was felt by people miles away. My shaking bed woke me up and I could hear glass rattling! :shocked:

Adriane

O.G.
Mar 3, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm in Northern Indiana and we all felt it here. Actually, Prince (my dog) woke up and started barking and growling about 5 minutes before it started. It was really odd.

May 12, 2006
Chicago Burbs
DH and I live in Batavia (a Chicago burb) and both our dogs who sleep with us started barking. We just thought that they were barking at something out side!!

gypsumrose

Bella Enchanted
O.G.
Oct 4, 2007
IL
I was pretty close (central IL) and a geologist and I SLEPT THROUGH IT! I'm sooo ticked! I was just complaining yesterday that the geology in IL is boring.

Apparently our fishtank water (75 gal) sloshed considerably.

arireyes

Apr 8, 2006
IL
I slept through it, but my Dad lives in St. Charles and he said it woke him up this morning.

Veelyn

I'M BACK :)
Oct 16, 2007
Fangtasia
I live right in ST.Louis and it woke me and my boyfriend up this morning. At first I thought it was a big wind blowing through cuz it only lasted for like 5 seconds. I felt the aftershock about 10 minutes ago. The after shock was a 4.7!!!!

maedchen

O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
It was an earthquake?! LOL!

I was up late last night doing work, and I felt everything shake, BUT I thought it was just the wind! I live in a high rise, and when it's really windy, the building creaks. It was the first time I felt shaking, so I thought it was just really, really strong wind! :lol: