Who else loves Zara?

I just ordered the same quilted leather jacket in a small! How was the sizing and fit on you, Ellapretty? It looks amazing!

Sorry for the late reply - I only just saw this question! I find Zara jackets have REALLY skinny sleeves - the shoulders and the rest of it fit well, but there's not much extra room in the sleeves. I wanted a shrunken/cropped look, so I'm find with a small in this - but in the other leather jacket I ordered - I went for a medium so that I could wear it over sweaters.

How is yours working out for you? Would love to see a pic!

:ghi5: Love my shapers!

They're back in stock! But I still dunno how I'd style them. :shrugs:

Awesome!

Hm...for me, I plan to wear this skort with the top I had on in the mod shots..or pretty much any asymmetrical Helmut Lang tank/tee or scoopneck boyfriend tees...either left out over the skirt or half tucked. The skirt has a chic, classy look to it but I plan to wear it pretty casually with a pair of Sam Edelman Gigi sandals (pretty much any color (I have 5) and I think the nude leopard will look awesome with this outfit!!)

Awesome!

Hm...for me, I plan to wear this skort with the top I had on in the mod shots..or pretty much any asymmetrical Helmut Lang tank/tee or scoopneck boyfriend tees...either left out over the skirt or half tucked. The skirt has a chic, classy look to it but I plan to wear it pretty casually with a pair of Sam Edelman Gigi sandals (pretty much any color (I have 5) and I think the nude leopard will look awesome with this outfit!!)

Mia, i just got this skort on the mail in size S & OMG, they're so nice. The fit is awesome & very comfortable. I love it. Thanks for your pics Mia, no wonder they've been sold out so many times. This will be so cute for summer, white is perfect for summer.

Gosh!!! Zara really got it right lately, i've been adding more items in my basket everyday. They all add up you know. I have to control myself.

Anybody have any idea when is the next sale?

Mia, i just got this skort on the mail in size S & OMG, they're so nice. The fit is awesome & very comfortable. I love it. Thanks for your pics Mia, no wonder they've been sold out so many times. This will be so cute for summer, white is perfect for summer.

Gosh!!! Zara really got it right lately, i've been adding more items in my basket everyday. They all add up you know. I have to control myself.

Anybody have any idea when is the next sale
?

i recall it's end of summer...

My massive order just arrived, courtesy of a friend who forwarded it to me from the States!

I got:

- S navy polkadot jersey blazer
- XS combination parka (the one with detachable leather sleeves, hood, and inner lining)
- XS animal print frill skirt
- XS black/white silky shorts (the ones with black sort of blotches on them)
- S linen/cotton Breton longline knit
- black/ecru polka dot linen tee
- XS white skort
- white stacked mid-heel sandals (37)
- couple of things for my 13mo daughter :heart:

Am so happy with the order - EVERYTHING fits! The skirt is borderline on the small side and I worry about the frill making it functionally indecently short but looking at the website I think it probably fits the way it was intended and I just need to be careful whilst wearing it! For the record, I'm usually a size 2 top/25 jeans/0-2 pants/7 shoe. Impressed that things seem to be sized reasonably consistently at the moment as sometimes Zara is hit and miss for me!

Is it just me, or is their outerwear getting bigger? I used to always be a S in coats but the last couple of times I've had to buy an XS.

Now, a question: has anyone tried these pants on?

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stor...en/zara-S2013/358005/1191071/PRINTED TROUSERS

I really want to get them but am wary of sizing - I am almost always an XS in Zara bottoms but am scarred from recently buying a pair of XS that were just a bit too small!

Edit: re the skort and how to style - sneezz, I have a few ideas. I'm a Breton fanatic, and I think the skort will look adorable with navy stripes - maybe a flat loafer for a casual look. A silk button-down and simple heels (eg the white stack heeled sandals I just got) would look great, too, and in this order I just received I also got the TRF tee with the red lip print, which would look cute for an all-white look. I don't think I'll wear the skort with a basic tank as I don't think my shoulders are quite broad enough to balance that out, although I'll have a play and see how I go. A bit of drapery on the top might work quite well as well, just because the skort is quite structured.

Last edited:

Anybody have any idea when is the next sale?

Awesome news!! :woohoo: I'm glad my pics were able to help you pick a piece that you like :yes: And I agree, I'm going to wear my skort like crazy this Spring/Summer.

PS: A little more than 2 weeks and our sneaks ship out!! :yahoo:

ARGH the skort has just appeared in black on the German website (random I know, but I'm getting some stuff forwarded from Germany so I was looking there!) but it is already sold out in XS! Am getting these if it kills me!

Edit: Does anyone out there have any of the skirts that are tight to just past the hip and then have a frill that kicks out? I just got the animal print one and I love it, but I am worried about decency. Where is the bottom of the tight part meant to hit? For me it hits just past the crotch, the hem hits right at mid-thigh (which is the most flattering length for a mini, I find), and I love the way it looks except that I am scared to bend over!

ARGH the skort has just appeared in black on the German website (random I know, but I'm getting some stuff forwarded from Germany so I was looking there!) but it is already sold out in XS! Am getting these if it kills me!
Black would be awesome too, I'll keep an eye on the US Site.

OH yes! I just checked the USsite & it's coming!

Last edited:
I ordered the black skort and those blue/white floral trousers. Also ordered the light grey sweater with open-work sleeves (easier to wear with the solid front and back, especially as we'll be heading into the cooler months soon), the ikat loafers with orange trim, the orange box clutch (I already have a clear one from elsewhere and thought I'd use the orange more than the pink or yellow), and a clutch and scarf for a friend of mine.

I ordered the trousers in a size S just in case - hoping that they can be altered down a size fairly easily if needed?

Awesome!

I love how you styled it. Ooh great idea! I have a pair if Gigi myself but in saddle and another pair with stones one the T strap part. Thanks!

Do you think it would look cute with this? I recently bought it.
409DB079-2203-4EF1-A89F-85E53A82566F-24181-00000F64F2F4E6F7.jpg

7B15AA75-613D-4C85-BF01-52854F2E714C-302-00000013CEE7D232.jpg

Edit: re the skort and how to style - sneezz, I have a few ideas. I'm a Breton fanatic, and I think the skort will look adorable with navy stripes - maybe a flat loafer for a casual look. A silk button-down and simple heels (eg the white stack heeled sandals I just got) would look great, too, and in this order I just received I also got the TRF tee with the red lip print, which would look cute for an all-white look. I don't think I'll wear the skort with a basic tank as I don't think my shoulders are quite broad enough to balance that out, although I'll have a play and see how I go. A bit of drapery on the top might work quite well as well, just because the skort is quite structured.

Thanks for the suggestions! I happen to have a drapey pink floral silk top. Thanks for the heads up about the black color. I definitely would rather that than the ecru but lighter colors are best for Spring/Summer months for sure. My legs are pale so I fear that the ecru won't look nice against my skin tone. I'll be watching for the black to arrive on the US site.

ETA: here's the flowy top I had in mind

6B78662C-6B20-42DC-9203-FF140B6621EF-475-0000003252BD452C.jpg

Last edited: