Who else is happy to hear that Grape is lighter than Eggplant???

My thoughts on violet at the trunk show: It's not as light as it appears in the pictures on this board. But it is definitely brighter and lighter in tone than eggplant. I would call it a vibrant medium-hue purple. Very royal and majestic-looking.

Oh, and I liked it so much that I'm getting it in a twiggy!

Deana, as always, excellent photos to demonstrate!!! Off the topic, what camera do you use for your beautiful pictures??? Mine does not give that kind of crisp detailed pictures...
:P
Thank you very much! I actually have a fairly inexpensive digital camera by Canon. It is the PowerShot SD 200. I can't remember the exact cost but I bought each of my two daughter's one at the same time, so it couldn't have been much. I think around $200.

Maggien said:
Damn...I'll cook...and I'm good! But only if I can spoon with your bags Deana!! :P )and bring my kids and dog...oh yeah...and my DH!!)
:yes:
Absolutely, bring everyone and us gals can gorge ourselves on Balenciaga fare! My DH is actually a great cook too! I am sure we would have to have our own common room just for Bal gals, so we don't drive our husbands and children INSANE with bag talk!

firstclass1 said:
Ha ha ha Deana :lol: you will not believe but I already dreamed to live in a bbag-commune with other Bal gals :yes: - this would be fantastic and we would have so much of fun together . . . but, bad news, I'm living in Switzerland/Europe - this is probably too far away, isn't it :shrugs: = too bad :crybaby:
:crybaby:
Yes, it's too far! I am in Southern California. But we will keep the dream alive, while meeting here on the pf!

I just can't wait to see it in real life... I really do love the leather on the older bags the best - so I hope I wont get 'dissapointed' when I come to grab my RH city in August...

I'm happy to hear that abt the new violet color will be lighter than eggplant as i have ordered it that as a mini coin purse as i know it will looks fabulous. As for bbag style, i'm not sure which one will looks nice since i will be having an eggplant first....thanks for the above and it's does give us an option whether we want it to be darker purple or lighter purple.....:smile:

:graucho:
Where do you live girl? We seem to have very similar tastes. Could you imagine our bags if we lived near eachother? If I wasn't already married...Mmmm? Well poop I'm straight (as you probably are), so how about a commune that we could live at with other Bal gals!!! Wow, could you imagine!!!
:drool:
I promise to organize everyones closets, and to be the bag photograhper, if someone else could cook!

OMG, a Balenciaga commune...we'd all be rolling around nekkid in all that smooshy leather!

:heart:Deana, ITA, love the bright colors....I must admit though, in addition to Grape, I think I still really want something in eggplant -- why??? Because I think Balenciaga puts crack in the leather, lol!!!!:nuts: I am excited to see/get something in grape!

In some pictures I hate it, in the pictures where it's darker, it's not bad but I still think eggplant is the supreme purple. Not too shocking, and the saturation is gorgeous.
pic000v9-2.jpg

In some pictures it looks like eggplant, in others not at all. I'm hoping it's sort of close so I can accessories for my eggplant, if they make the accessories in Violet.

Me! Bright and shiny (the way Nanaz described it) sounds great to me! I love bright purple. I have never been an eggplant fan (I know--sacrilege!), but I think I'll love the new violet.

In some pictures I hate it, in the pictures where it's darker, it's not bad but I still think eggplant is the supreme purple. Not too shocking, and the saturation is gorgeous.
pic000v9-2.jpg

In some pictures it looks like eggplant, in others not at all. I'm hoping it's sort of close so I can accessories for my eggplant, if they make the accessories in Violet.
:love:
I AM SO HAPPY YOU ADDED THIS PICTURE!!! I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF COMBINING PURPLE AND YELLOW EVER SINCE I SAW THIS GORGEOUS PHOTO! I REMEMBER YOU APOLOGIZED FOR NOT CHANGING CLOTHES FOR THE PHOTO TOO! I HAVE A MARIGOLD TASSEL THAT I HAVE BEEN SAVING TO MAKE A BEAUTIFUL PURPLE AND YELLOW BRAIDED ACCESSORY FOR MY GRAPE BAGS. AND I AM REALLY HOPING THE NEW 07 MARIGOLD IS A NICE YELLOW TOO, SO MY MARIGOLD MAKE UP CLUTCH LOOKS PRETTY WITH MY GRAPE BAGS AS WELL!!! THIS IS ONE OF THE PRETTIEST PHOTOS I HAVE SEEN WITH A PF-ER HOLDING HER BAG!!! THANKS AGAIN FOR ADDING THE PHOTO HERE PP!!!
:girlsigh:
I can't wait to see your Eggplant First Cilia. Not too many of those floating around. I am sure your gonna love it!!!
:heart:
Wow a commune for Bal lovers! Just think of the Balenciaga collections all the members here have, and then imagine them all in one place! OMG! I think I would pass out!
:drool:

Ha ha ha Deana :lol: you will not believe but I already dreamed to live in a bbag-commune with other Bal gals ;):yes: - this would be fantastic and we would have so much of fun together . . . but, bad news, I'm living in Switzerland/Europe - this is probably too far away, isn't it :shrugs: = too bad :crybaby:

You two are so funny!:roflmfao: I would definitely move in with you!:yahoo::heart: