Who else claims Chloe as favorite handbag designer?

Feb 18, 2015
I am a fan of many handbag designers and own several from multiple designers (Chloe, Dior, Fendi, Balenciagia, Gucci, LV, etc). But if push came to shove and I could only purchase from one design house, I think it would have to be Chloe. Chloe's styles just mesh well with my personal style and tastes (at least for the last several years). That said, I don't love all Chloe designs, but I do love many of them. I get so sick of hearing people tell me that I am wasting my money because Chloe doesn't have the same resale as say a design house like Chanel :annoyed: Guess what??? I DON'T CARE! I just like Chloe best and am willing to shell out the money for designs I love that work for me. I am not saying that Chloe will always be my favorite. If they were to take their designs in a different direction that didn't appeal to me, I would stop buying and spend that money elsewhere. But Chloe has been a firm favorite for about three to four years, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I love other designers too, but Chloe has my top spot and my heart:heart:

There was a report recently posted on the general shopping forum that Chloe resale is pretty good, at least top 5 among premier brands. Its not a brand that "non-bag" people chase, however, like Chanel and LV.

I love Chloe best too, the bags are just plain pretty. Most of the other premier designers can be a little stuffy IMO.

I also love Chloe and believe they are my favourite designer bag company :smile: We'll see if I still feel the same after the designs come out from the new Creative Director :P
I think what I like about Chloe besides the designs are the fact that (at least recently) their logo/branding isn't in your face. I really dislike Chanel and most LV pieces because of their huge logos or monogram patterns. Just not for me, it's tacky in my opinion.
Chloe's logo placements are usually a lot smaller/softer and their designs are what stands out to me.

I think what I like about Chloe besides the designs are the fact that (at least recently) their logo/branding isn't in your face. I really dislike Chanel and most LV pieces because of their huge logos or monogram patterns. Just not for me, it's tacky in my opinion.

I agree. I am thinking to buy a Chloe now (my first one), probably a Small or mini Faye.
I try to have bags with no logo, or very small (monograms are not an option for me as you can imagine).
I am very angry for example with Givenchy. I have a nightingale without the "name", the old ones, and I think are more elegant than the new ones with the name in metal now.

I will always like Chloe but, recently, I have been preferring the bag designs of other brands.

This happens from time to time - it's normal.

Kind of tired of all the large, clunky hardware (e.g. rings that are, almost, bigger than the bags themselves!), the weight of some of the larger bags, the fact that it's all it-bags (or wannabe it bags) and no non it-bags, that they stopped doing clutches and haven't done anything really simple, soft and slouchy for aeons.

So, I'm being lured elsewhere.

Bag-wise, it's ike they have condensed into sure-fire winner territory and it's a little boring, frankly.

I love chloe since it sang to my heart with its Edith design back in those years.. That bag screamed my personal style and i still adore it till today. I agree they are my favorite too :heart:
Shout out loud to my paddington too :flowers: i just love that breath taking design :heart:

I really hate the ol' "resale" mentality that is so prevalent here. No one says that about cars, which has horrid resale, and people buy what they want with cars, so why bring that upon purses? Sometimes I feel like people use that to justify their purchase moreso than they really have to justify it for - you bought it because you liked it!

^^^ This! I will admit to being Chanel through and through - however, I have a Chloe Bay, Betty and Faye and I bought all three because I love the styles and colours, not because I am wondering what resale value would be. Buy what you love, that way you'll always be steered right :heart:

I love almost every single style Chloé has right now, except the Faye. In the last year I bought a Hudson, Drew, Paraty and yesterday a Nile. The bags have amazing design, are all unique even though the shape of the Hudson, drew and Nile are somewhat similar. They are just practical and beautiful!

I really hate the ol' "resale" mentality that is so prevalent here. No one says that about cars, which has horrid resale, and people buy what they want with cars, so why bring that upon purses? Sometimes I feel like people use that to justify their purchase moreso than they really have to justify it for - you bought it because you liked it!
ITA! I buy what I like. I rarely sell my bags anyway. If I ever do decide to get rid of a bag, I usually pass them onto my sisters. I have actually had people tell me (online not IRL) that I was stupid to buy a bag because that brand didn't have good resale value. Guess what?? I DON"T CARE! Preach to someone else and leave me and my awesome bags alone.

I love Chloe though admittedly also love Chanel, LV, YSL, and others. I have a Chloe Paraty from 2011 that is worn because I use it all the time but still generally looks great. It was my first real high end designer bag, and I don't think it looks dated, like other bags from its time (ahem Celine luggage). I also have the super underrated Sally and love that as well. Debating on a Faye now!

I buy Chloe because I love their designs and that they're not EVERYwhere and not everyone will see my bag and automatically judge based on how much they cost, cuz most people won't know! My LV and Chanel bags I also love but I feel self conscious wearing them sometimes.

Also, Chloe has great clothes and shoes too! If I had to wear head to toe one designer only, it'd be Chloe!