Who else bought the Black Balenciaga City on Bonanzle for $499?

o_luxurious

Oct 5, 2008
Well looks like she sold this ONE item to 8 or 9 other people as well.

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/NYMommy/items/23408383

She registered first on Bonz on 11/29, and she only had this one item in her booth. Now under her review link, it says "9 transactions awaiting reviews", which means she sold this one item to more than one person.

Here's my side of the story:
I first saw this listing on Bonz last night, around 10:30 pm. I checked out the pictures, and to my surprise, the bag was indeed authentic. I also saw this listing in the "Authenticate this Balenciaga" and it was confirmed authentic. So I thought to myself, it's authentic, it's in great condition, amazing price, why not. SCORE!

So I clicked "add to cart" and checked out. I paid immediately via PP and got the payment receipt/confirmation email from PP seconds later. I go back to the Bonz page and I saw that it's still available for sale! I thought it was just a small glitch in the Bonz system and so I clicked on the listing. Well, well, well. I was able to put the same item which I just "bought" in my cart again and was able to pay for it. AGAIN.

I knew something wasn't right but after seeing this, I assumed sometimes this sort of thing happens, so waited about 20 minutes and sent the seller a message saying that I paid but it's not showing up as sold, can you confirm if you received my payment, etc. Still no response, even up to this minute.

Then this morning, I found a member here on tPF who also "purchased" this bag yesterday morning but she called PP soon after and was able go get her money back because the funds were still "unclaimed". My PP screen also showed "unclaimed" but before I had the chance to call PP to reverse the funds, the seller beat me to it. The transaction is now "completed" and I received the "Your package is on its way" email from PP with a TRACKING number.

How is this possible? And why was the item still available for sale after someone, along with many others, already "purchased" and paid for the bag?

I'm about to call PP and will contact Bonz as well. I'll update as soon as I get some more info.

If anybody else "bought" this same bag and is in the same boat as I am, please chime in and/or send me a PM if you also received a tracking number. I bet the tracking number is the same.

And of course, anyone else with opinions or thoughts, please share!

I'm one of the other buyers too. My story is just about the same as yours, I also didn't know in time that I could cancel the transaction by calling Paypal. I also sent her a message on Bonanza but the seller didn't even bother to acknowledge it, even though she was on at the time, approx 2:40 AM EST last night. I don't know how she was able to accept multiple payments for one bag like that.

PMing you with the tracking number now.

I'm one of the other buyers too. My story is just about the same as yours, I also didn't know in time that I could cancel the transaction by calling Paypal. I also sent her a message on Bonanza but the seller didn't even bother to acknowledge it, even though she was on at the time, approx 2:40 AM EST last night. I don't know how she was able to accept multiple payments for one bag like that.

PMing you with the tracking number now.

^ Replied to your PM!

Well, we matched up our tracking numbers and they're completely different.

I don't feel good about this. Obviously there's only one item, but sending out different tracking numbers for everyone? I have a feeling I'm gonna get a package filled with newspaper and rocks. :rant::mad:

I did not buy this particular bag, but exactly same thing happened to me- bought a cheap bal on bonz, paid for it, it was still there for sale and such. And multiple people bought it. I contacted bonz about it, but they never replied to my inquiry.

My theory is this, when someone's paypal account is not fully set up and the fund sit unclaimed, bonz doesn't see it "complete" thus the item is still available for sale. This is a huge glitch on their part IMO. I'd never buy from a new seller for this reason.

In my case, I filed an INR after trying to contact multiple times, then the seller submitted a tracking number which was sent to a different city in my state. Paypal closed the dispute in my favor and got my money back.

I would suggest you all call paypal and let them know of a possible fraud, so they may freeze her account- just in case you have to file a snad. Hope you all paid via cc.

I saw the listing and she had 9 pending transactions with zero feedback- so there are 9 of you out there. I'm sorry this happened to you.

^ Replied to your PM!

Well, we matched up our tracking numbers and they're completely different.

I don't feel good about this. Obviously there's only one item, but sending out different tracking numbers for everyone? I have a feeling I'm gonna get a package filled with newspaper and rocks. :rant::mad:

Or a fake. :sad: So sorry this happened to you, hope you are able to get your money back.

Linda

Called PP and was basically told that there's nothing they can do because the transaction is now "completed" and a tracking number was provided. I have to wait till I receive the "package".

I emailed Bonz a few minutes ago and I'm waiting to hear from them.

I did not buy this particular bag, but exactly same thing happened to me- bought a cheap bal on bonz, paid for it, it was still there for sale and such. And multiple people bought it. I contacted bonz about it, but they never replied to my inquiry.

My theory is this, when someone's paypal account is not fully set up and the fund sit unclaimed, bonz doesn't see it "complete" thus the item is still available for sale. This is a huge glitch on their part IMO. I'd never buy from a new seller for this reason.

In my case, I filed an INR after trying to contact multiple times, then the seller submitted a tracking number which was sent to a different city in my state. Paypal closed the dispute in my favor and got my money back.

I would suggest you all call paypal and let them know of a possible fraud, so they may freeze her account- just in case you have to file a snad. Hope you all paid via cc.

I saw the listing and she had 10 pending transactions with zero feedback- so there are 10 of you out there. I'm sorry this happened to you.

^ ITA with the bold statement above.

Sorry you went through this too. Was the seller based in NY? I won't be suprised if this is the same person..

And yes, I did pay with CC. I'm not totally freaking out (yet) because I know I can get my money back one way or the other.

I'll try calling PP again. Thanks for your input, pigalle.

^ ITA with the bold statement above.

Sorry you went through this too. Was the seller based in NY? I won't be suprised if this is the same person..

And yes, I did pay with CC. I'm not totally freaking out (yet) because I know I can get my money back one way or the other.

I'll try calling PP again. Thanks for your input, pigalle.

My seller was based in SC and she used stolen photos and bonz banned her. I don't know if it's the same seller. Bonanzle really should take a look into this; they can't prevent fraud sellers, but they CAN prevent them from scamming MULTIIPLE people. GEEZ. I'm sorry this happened to you;regardless of getting your $$ back or not, getting scammed is an awful thing to go through.

Did anyone else get this message yet?

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM BONANZA SUPPORT***

IMPORTANT, We believe that this seller has acted in a fraudulent way. We would highly recommend that you immediately stop payment, file a claim with PayPal or whomever you used to facilitate the payment, file a claim with your bank, and do whatever is necessary to cancel or withhold payment from this seller.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Yes, glad to know this after she has my money. I'm going to go take a look at filing a claim on Paypal now. I didn't pay with a CC. I'm hitting my head on the wall right about now!

^ Thanks again.

Currently on the phone/on hold with PP. And received this email from Bonanza:

***THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM BONANZA SUPPORT***
IMPORTANT, We believe that this seller has acted in a fraudulent way. We would highly recommend that you immediately stop payment, file a claim with PayPal or whomever you used to facilitate the payment, file a claim with your bank, and do whatever is necessary to cancel or withhold payment from this seller.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

I used instant transfer and Paypal funds. Never, ever doing that again. I'm currently on hold right now. :sad:

I hope everything works out for all of us!

Yes, best wishes to you! This really sucks. :mad:

I just got off the phone with PP. The agent opened up a claim (instead of a dispute) for me and said if the seller doesn't respond within 11 days, they'll automatically refund me. I guess I just need to wait now.

^I just received that email from Bonanzle too. Count me in as another of the unlucky ones. I won’t go into detail about my story because it’s basically the same – bought yesterday, funds unclaimed, didn’t know I could call to cancel, and then this morning saw that the payment was accepted and that I was given a tracking number; however, saw on Bonanzle that although the bag finally came up as “sold” it was showing up as sold to someone else, not me, even though it showed up in my bought items from Bonanzle. This Bonanzle glitch is scary – I primarily use Bonanzle for buying and selling, but this makes me much more wary.

I’ve never had a dispute situation before, so please excuse my ignorance. I don’t have a credit card, just a Visa check card that’s linked to my bank account. My paypal is set up to pay via instant transfer.
When I log into my online account, it’s showing up in my ledger as a Pending transaction.
Am I basically screwed since I paid via bank transfer (unless I can stop it while it’s still Pending)? Advice? I’m about to go on lunch break and want to get this wrapped up ASAP. Should I call my bank first? Paypal?

I guess if something seems too good to be true, it probably is : (